T6 heated screen wiring

Dave Simmo

20231222_124413.jpg

20231222_124401.jpg

Just investigating why my t6 heated screen has never worked and notice what appears to be ribbon cables snapped on both sides. Anyone know whether these are easily replaced?

looks like your screen has been replaced? ( with a non-heated one)

those are the screen tails from the old screen, that connect to the wire plugs below,

the screen has two heater sections, one either side.

++

look up very close to the windscreen, you should see tiny zig zag wire lines if its heated,

1703269185712.png1703269201629.png

looks like your screen has been replaced? ( with a non-heated one)

those are the screen tails from the old screen, that connect to the wire plugs below,

the screen has two heater sections, one either side.

++

look up very close to the windscreen, you should see tiny zig zag wire lines if its heated,

View attachment 223221View attachment 223222
Thanks for the info. Yep sadly it looks like at some point the screen has been replaced with a non heated one. This might explain why my auto lights don't work either. I wonder if I can get it swapped with my windscreen cover on my insurance.

Yep. Call them up, tell them it's cracked across 50%.

Tell them it's heated and get it booked in.

When the guy turns up explain that you need to the screen swapped for the heated one.

Doubt they will object as they getting paid anyway.

What's your windscreen excess?.. £50

Yes it's worth a try. My excess is £125 unfortunately, but probs still cheaper than the non insurance route. Just wondering if I can get the auto lights/wipers too with the new screen. I have an aftermarket mirror though and can't see any sensors

20231222_145234.jpg

20231222_145251.jpg

the auto lights and wipers are built into the rear view mirror assembly.

that you seem to be missing?

have you got AUTO on your light control? - post a pic.

and have you got auto wipers on your wiper stalk - post a pic?

+++

looks like the van has neither? - unless the units have been removed and the old loom is in the headlining?

+++

do you know if the van was built with these extras?

1703274614262.png1703274681909.png

heres mine, with RLS - rain light sensor

and auto lights,

1703274801075.png1703274836888.png

With it being a T6 Highline I'm hoping I have all the wiring in place. I'll check tomorrow when it's light. It's annoying because the previous owners seem to have disabled most of the highline spec benefits ie heated windscreen, auto lights, auto wipers and fitted a crap after market rear view camera instead

this is mine, that has RLS & Auto lights.

looks same as yours - appart from this missing rear view mirror with all the sensors in it.

(mines a panel van with no rear windows, but you still get the mirror due to the sensors in it)

1703281287328.png1703281299010.png1703281315814.png

Most likely you had the mirror fitted with the RLS previously too. I doubt there ever was/is factory heated windscreen without factory RLS and mirror mount available. Hopefully wires are tucked in behind the headliner and not chopped off :(

Most likely you had the mirror fitted with the RLS previously too. I doubt there ever was/is factory heated windscreen without factory RLS and mirror mount available. Hopefully wires are tucked in behind the headliner and not chopped off :(
I did find two wires which are not currently connected to anything behind the headliner, so assume these are for RLS. Do you think a new heated windscreen with have the mirror mount and RLS already attached? I was thinking I would need to buy these separately.

Mount yes, sensor itself I would say not as these are quite expensive from VW, you can get used one and just get new gel pad for it or find brand new one on ebay that has the pad ready to go :)

Rain sensor part number looks good too all tho revision A that it is now has been since upgraded to B up to 2016 and then C from 2016

Gel pad part number 7N0955609 but they can be found in various places online much cheaper than vw directly

Rain sensor part number looks good too all tho revision A that it is now has been since upgraded to B up to 2016 and then C from 2016

Gel pad part number 7N0955609 but they can be found in various places online much cheaper than vw directly
That's great. Many thanks for your help

Back