T6 Delays

Now.......nobody is going to like this. My mate, runs a ski transfer company on the French/Swiss border and mountain biking tours in the summer (yep, Swine). He has had a number of mini buses/ vans over the years but now has settled on a VW fleet, having had a couple of T5 Kombis and Shuttles. He's had 4 T6 Shuttles since they came out a few years ago (and two Vitos, which were lovely, but I've since been told he had a lot of problems with, including rust!) and a few Crafters. Now then, new season coming,and a big new client! He ordered 4 Kombis,and 6 Shuttles, all 4WD DSG, and lots of other bells and whistles. What I'm saying is factory order. I was sat next to him when he ordered them......end of July. He sent me a picture of them this morning with the sign writer and roof rack guy working on them in his yard! French dealership, all on a lease but......... bloody hell!

His sister company has some more on order, but not many, c'mon he's not Hertz. And the Kombis are much better spec than here.

Some days do you want to bang your head against a wall? Or maybe someone at VW?

Our build date seems to have crept forward a couple of weeks to last week of October. Suits me fine so I get the van end of December.

BTW would anyone like a nice 3.5 year old T5 camper for Christmas? I have one to sell ;)

Last edited:
I suspect that they make more & have quicker turnaround for continental spec vehicles ie left hand drive...
Both left and right hand are made at the same time on the same line .I don't no why we seem to get delays .

I repaired a bumper scuff on a new vivaro van today. We got chatting about waiting times for my T6. You lot thought we had it rough. My customer waited 9 months for his Vivaro Sportive Van.

Ordered my new toy 28th June and dealer reports its on the ship tonight to land in uk tomorrow so should get it in about two weeks. Can't wait. Anyone else getting there's soon?
There is a ship coming into to port of grimsby called nekcar highway due in tomorrow at 7-45. Sailed from emden Germany ,it might be on this one

Same. But they are cheap vans and excellent leese deals. Shame they are such turds with a tiny gutless 1.6 engine.
We have a Vivaro 1.6TTDi 120hp Sportive in our works fleet and it is really quite a good wee van. Doesn't feel gutless at all unless you press the 'Eco' button then the engine map changes and it drops to about 90hp I think. We got it new for 12k + vat which is good value imo. I took it a run from Guildford to Glasgow, approx 460 miles, sitting at 80/85mph most of the way and averaged 46mpg according to OBC so not too bad at all.

Back