T6 5th gear selection issue

Gt Haywire

I wonder if someone could help me please.

My T6 van 36000 miles 5 speed 2016 T30 Trendline van has a 5th gear shift issue. (Van in profile photo)
I have just found it difficult to get into 5th gear. It's not hard to get it in, it just needs a slight push to get it there when driving!
I have sat on the drive when cold and it will select every gear when the clutch is pressed very easily, but will not go into 5th at all.
I assume it now only goes into 5th with a bit of extra push, when warm, but will not go at all when cold.

I am quite useful with tools, so any info on me attempting to sort this out would be fantastic.

Many thanks

There are special tools for alignment of the gear cables to the box, but that will be a dealer visit. Maybe a place for you to start.

It’s what I would rule out first. You could get someone to work up the gears from 1st to 5th whilst watching what’s going on at gearbox selector. You may spot something not quite right.

Thanks again, sorry to keep going...do you mean gear selector as inside the van behind the plastic cover, or under the van?

Back