T6 240v Hook Up And Battery Charger

Ben.mills88

Hi all. New to the forum!

I have a t6 start line which I am converting. I am planning on doing the wiring for the leisure battery tomorrow.

Plan is ctek 250 under driver's seat. Leisure battery by wheel arch along with all the fuses to feed lights, fridge etc

My question is I also want 240v hook up and a battery charger however I'm confusing myself with the battery charger... where should this installed and is it as simple as connecting it to the leisure battery and plugging the other end to a socket which should be installed close to the charger?? Or is the a way of working it directly.into the 240v fuse box??

Thank you all in advance.

Thanks for all of the advice guys, over the moon by the response, it's been a massive help.....

I can't tell if you are being sarcastic or not. Apologies if you aren't and have got good advice from Travelvolts.

The charger for your leisure battery when on hookup can physically go anywhere. Yes, you just connect it to your leisure battery, and connect the mains input to your 240v feed into the van, after the RCD protection unit. If you can find a way of wiring it directly to 240v there, then fine, otherwise just plug the 3 pin plug into the output of your RCD - that's what we do.

Peter

I've installed my consumer unit on the back of the drivers seat base with the charger under the seat with the battery and CTEK. The battery charger is connected to the 6amp MCB (cut the plug off the charger) with the output straight to the leisure battery.

Thanks for all of the advice guys, over the moon by the response, it's been a massive help.....
:eek: Nice 2nd post :thumbsup: maybe give us a bit more notice if you want instant answers next time :whistle:

Hi all. New to the forum!

I have a t6 start line which I am converting. I am planning on doing the wiring for the leisure battery tomorrow.

Plan is ctek 250 under driver's seat. Leisure battery by wheel arch along with all the fuses to feed lights, fridge etc

My question is I also want 240v hook up and a battery charger however I'm confusing myself with the battery charger... where should this installed and is it as simple as connecting it to the leisure battery and plugging the other end to a socket which should be installed close to the charger?? Or is the a way of working it directly.into the 240v fuse box??

Thank you all in advance.

Try using the search function you might be surprised :whistle: oh and by the way
Welcome to the forum :thumbsup:

Back