T6 150 DSG buzzing noise

dErZ

VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Guru
Who has an annoying buzzing noise when in gear in their T6 150 DSG? Does anyone know what the cause is? It doesn't do it when you coast.

Is the noise coming from the gearbox itself, I ask as the button on the gearshift used to vibrate and its annoying when I was driving.

I dont know, I thought it could be the wiper jet cables but I've wrapped them up. It only happens when in gear. Ill check the gear stick but the sound is coming from behind the dash/engine area

As my warranty was about to run out I took the van back to Guildford VW center for them to investigate and sure enough this time they found the source of the buzzing sound.

DMF

They had the van for a week and its now resolved.

To elaborate on the buzzing, when the van was in gear and you were coming down the box you could hear the buzzing over the engine noise (it was one of those noises that once you've heard it you cant stop listening for it) you could also hear it while driving below 30. I have a feeling its to do with the map on the dsg, it does shift very early in the rev range so I wonder due to this if the torque had killed the DMF. Van has 40k on it now.

Surprised they didn't use the map as an excuse to void any warranty claims, interesting

The van is standard, i was refering to the standard map. It does seem to shift up to top gear very quickly, I've heard the TVS map doesnt do that thus preserving the DMF. I could be totally wrong though.. @BognorMotors

Back