T6 DSG engine/ gearbox sound

transporta

Hi Everyone,

I have a 2017 DSG T6 340, with 90,000km (56000miles) on it.

I just wanted to get some opinions on the engine / gearbox sound, I have a couple of concerns. I think there might be a slight DMF noise going on although not as loud as others I have heard online, and also the ticking noise, is this related, separate or just how these vans are. It's slightly jerky off the line sometimes if you're not careful with the throttle, but I don't have any other DSG experience to compare this to and it's not major. It seems to move through the gears no problem. It hasn't shown any other real signs of gearbox issue apart from one clunk switching from reverse to drive, although I haven't been able to replace that, it has made me paranoid ever since and got me listening more closely and here we are.

Maintenance was up to date when I purchased it, I recently changed the engine oil and filter, and the DSG was serviced at the 60k (40kmi) mark but I've got new oil and just waiting on the filter to do that soon.

I've uploaded some audio, and please and let me know if other recordings would be more helpful, I have seen some other threads where people have helped diagnose issues and I'd appreciate if some of you could give your opinions on the matter before I move further with it.

Attachments

• t6-sound-copy-2.mp3
    2.5 MB
in the first instance I would reset the gearbox using VCDs so then it can go through its learning process again this should help with the jerkiness when pulling away. Your noise clip does sound a bit like the DMF clatter but I’ve certainly heard worse and it’s always hard with just a sound clip.

HTH

in the first instance I would reset the gearbox using VCDs so then it can go through its learning process again this should help with the jerkiness when pulling away. Your noise clip does sound a bit like the DMF clatter but I’ve certainly heard worse and it’s always hard with just a sound clip.

HTH
Ok I’ll look into resetting the gearbox. Yes in the clip the noise is fairly quiet, does the rest of the engine noise sound fairly normal? There’s bit of a tick that seems to be timed with RPM that I’m not sure about, I may need to go find another similar van and listen to that in order to get a bit of a baseline. Thanks for your input, it’s much appreciated.

Back