Clicking noise when turning engine off DSG

Dm85

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi all,

Does anyone who had a T6/T6.1 DSG get this noise when turning the engine off?
I called Vw road side assistance out as sounds loud to me like something is loose. He agreed and told me to book it in with VW but I’m expecting the “It’s completely fine, that’s normal”response from them as per usual .

Dmf rattle?

What's it like when cold in morning?

Van spec? Millage?

Dmf rattle?

What's it like when cold in morning?

Van spec? Millage?
Hi mate,

It’s a 150 DSG T6 with 48k on it. I have always thought it was the DMF as I do hear it rattling in the morning. Took it in and they told me it’s normal for them to make the sound. Now, VW supposedly replaced it at around 35k as had Vw assist out and looked through the warranty work in the system, so surely it’s not that? Would not surprise me tho.

Hi mate,

It’s a 150 DSG T6 with 48k on it. I have always thought it was the DMF as I do hear it rattling in the morning. Took it in and they told me it’s normal for them to make the sound. Now, VW supposedly replaced it at around 35k as had Vw assist out and looked through the warranty work in the system, so surely it’s not that? Would not surprise me tho.
I’ve had the van from new btw but ended up buying it so when they did the pre sale checks they told me it needed a new DMF and I was unaware. So ardently they did it. Or did they?

is there anyone near you that you can compare sounds?

DMF starts to rattle when cold, then goes quite when warm. . . . . until it really bad.

I've had two now in 85K miles ( MY18 )

have a listen to mine. . .

Sounds like it’s wrecked in that clip. Until you actually get under the van the noise gets rebounded and blended in with the engine but it’s apparent. Shocking that such an integral part is constantly being flagged by owners and dealers trying to convince customers it’s a characteristic of the DMF. Anyhow sounds like mine was either not done or the part has just failed again. I have warranty but may have to take this one. Off to VW we go
is there anyone near you that you can compare sounds?

DMF starts to rattle when cold, then goes quite when warm. . . . . until it really bad.

I've had two now in 85K miles ( MY18 )

Hers a video from under then van. Right by the fly wheel!

yeh, with mine.

the main tell is . . .

it rattles like a tractor when idle, but when you add reves it goes away, this is because the centrifugal weights take up any slack.

but the rattle comes back when the engine idles again, and the weights are pulled back in with the springs.

its the springs that go sloppy, and alow play.

most evident with a cold engine.

FWIW - I've got the same now with our Bus.

DMF rattle with a cold engine,

but goes away when engine warm . . .

then come back the following morning when engine cold again. . .

ill get a vid clip of that soon.

MY67 85K miles T30 150

Back