T6.1 under bonnet electrics

roadtripper

2021 Caravelle Executive
VIP Member
T6 Legend
So I've been considering adding a BM2 and a CTEK connector to my single battery MY21 T6.1 Caravelle with the thought of possibly mounting the CTEK 10A charger there as a basic 12v only EHU.

Lots of folks seem to use the space around the battery like this but mine doesn't seem to have the partition that I see in many example pictures, possibly they are T6?

Instead I seem to have this small box where the front half of the partition would be, pointed at by the multimeter probe. Unscrewing the two wing nut bits I can't actually get the lid very far open as it fouls on the clip on the side of the coolant tank (slow clap VW) but there seem to be fuses in it? Can anyone identify what it is?

20230711_093225.JPG

My assumption is that the best ground is still one of the bolts on the inner wing? This seems to get same voltage reading as the battery terminal and has a zero resistance when I checked it on the multimeter.
20230711_093233.JPG

Finally what is this on top of the battery? Opening it up it looks like a bus bar unit, but each terminal seems to have a current rating stamped on it. Is it just a bus bar with ratings or is it some form of last ditch fuse? Would I be OK taking a positive feed for the BM2/CTEK from one of the spare terminals - as then I can avoid disturbing either of the main battery terminals?
20230711_115821.JPG

Back