T6.1 Uncomfortable Driver's Seat

If it’s the same as a T6, then it’s four bolts.
Just to clarify this, are you saying that an A1 or A3 seat drops straight into a T6?

I ask because I was looking at fitting a golf seat but the fitting is different and I didn’t fancy making an adaptor, if they drop straight in then happy days.

I dont like the seat base in my T6 high line, I think the squab is too high at the front which puts pressure on the back of my legs just above my knees.

Just to clarify this, are you saying that an A1 or A3 seat drops straight into a T6?

I ask because I was looking at fitting a Golf seat but the fitting is different and I didn’t fancy making an adaptor, if they drop straight in then happy days.
No, I’m just saying it’s four bolts to remove a seat!
But I ave a look at threads tagged ‘seat upgrade’ for some info on non-T6 seats and their fitment.

I've got a T6.1 Highline, and I just can't get remotely comfortable in the driver seat. I've had T4's and T5's and they were all fine. My first gripe, is the new style shiny cover material has me constantly sliding around on the seat just with normal gentle driving, and even worse when wearing smooth trousers, it's like sitting on grease!
My other gripe, is the seat base is cambered, so I sit on it, not in it, and it throws my legs sideways into the far too soft side supports, so my driving leg in particular ends up hanging over the edge, and aches, the slippiness, and wrong support are both fighting against me. The seat is set fully raised and fully back to the bulkhead.
I don't want to spend a fortune on a complete sports seat, a comfortable replacement base would do, even a T5 seat base with a cover over it if it would bolt on.
Just need to know my best options here, from people who have done this, might be just a decent grippy seat cover will help no end.....

I've got a T6.1 Highline, and I just can't get remotely comfortable in the driver seat. I've had T4's and T5's and they were all fine. My first gripe, is the new style shiny cover material has me constantly sliding around on the seat just with normal gentle driving, and even worse when wearing smooth trousers, it's like sitting on grease!
My other gripe, is the seat base is cambered, so I sit on it, not in it, and it throws my legs sideways into the far too soft side supports, so my driving leg in particular ends up hanging over the edge, and aches, the slippiness, and wrong support are both fighting against me. The seat is set fully raised and fully back to the bulkhead.
I don't want to spend a fortune on a complete sports seat, a comfortable replacement base would do, even a T5 seat base with a cover over it if it would bolt on.
Just need to know my best options here, from people who have done this, might be just a decent grippy seat cover will help no end.....
What material has your seat got on? It sounds a description of a completely different seat to mine.

Just a thought, could someone have sprayed the seats with silicone cockpit cleaner before I bought it? I have never sat on so slippery seats! The floor was definitely sprayed, as 6 months later things still slide around like they're on wheels.

Well, I dont understand the difference then. My seat certainly seat cambered and I dont find it slippy or have any of the other issues you describe.

I assumed when I picked up my van, it was some new kind of 'wipe clean' material for commercial vehicles.

If you've ever ridden an Enduro or Motocross bike with the saddle plastered in sloppy wet mud, you'll know exactly how my seat feels!

If you've ever ridden an Enduro or Motocross bike with the saddle plastered in sloppy wet mud, you'll know exactly how my seat feels!
Well the seat is nothing like the one on the Husky 701 I had.

701 is an excellent wheelie machine, but a bit much for hard laning and enduros! I'll stick to my 300 2 smoke
Looking at my old T5 seat, the base and back profiles look identical to the 6.1, just a different cloth.

701 is an excellent wheelie machine, but a bit much for hard laning and enduros! I'll stick to my 300 2 smoke
Looking at my old T5 seat, the base and back profiles look identical to the 6.1, just a different cloth.
Comparatively easy to my mate on the GSA1200 in the background lol.
Im on the look out for a smaller one now (the 701 got nicked)

And the third and fourth gripes are the lack of left foot rest, which doesn't help the seat issues, and I also find the DSG version of the brake pedal is far too high relative to the throttle, I'm constantly crashing my foot into the side of it, as I slide over onto the brake, causing another half second of braking distance, this is exacerbated by wearing work boots, which restrict upwards movement off the throttle. Lowering the brake pedal 1/2 to 1 inch would be perfect, no idea if this is possible, or by fitting a brake pedal off a manual vehicle?

I though this van would be along term keeper, but basic things like driver comfort are annoying me on a day to day, mile per mile basis. It drives nice on a run, and I love the tech on it, but I found 150 engine very noisy, harsh, and transmits significant vibrations into the body when driving it hard in the lower 2 or 3 gears and reverse. All the 150's should have had the balancer shafts fitted as standard.
Gutted my 2.5 T5 was hit and written off, I want it back!!

UPDATE. apparently my issue is a lower back disc pronation (?) Pressing on the sciatic nerve. This is exacerbated by the complete lack of lumbar support in the van and 20 odd hours a week of driving.

So seriously considering a change of seat to something that will promote proper posture. Any recommendations of anything with the captains armrests, equivalent airbags that bolt in easily?

Cheers..

Back