T6.1 Uncomfortable Driver's Seat

Barberrossa05

VIP Member
Hi all,

Had my T6.1 for a couple of months now and done around 7000 miles so lots of time in the van.

I think I've developed hamstring tendinitis, pain in the arse, upper leg and lower back.

Was interested to know what ppl thought of the driving position and seat comfort. It's the standard seat.

IMG_20220512_211349_354.jpg

There are so many variables - how you have the seat set, how you have the steering wheel set, your body dimensions, your core strength, your weight etc etc.
All I can say is that I have no issue with the drivers seat at all. We once drove over 650 miles in one day, and was absolutely fine.
Do you have any element at the limit of its adjustment ? That might point to something.
How tall and heavy are you ?

Pete

There are so many variables - how you have the seat set, how you have the steering wheel set, your body dimensions, your core strength, your weight etc etc.
All I can say is that I have no issue with the drivers seat at all. We once drove over 650 miles in one day, and was absolutely fine.
Do you have any element at the limit of its adjustment ? That might point to something.
How tall and heavy are you ?

Pete
I'm 6ft and around 90 kg. The seat is all the way back but quite upright. Wheel is all the way out and low.

I think the issue is I'm in it 3 - 5 hours a day most days, sometimes more. A one off big drive isn't a problem I wouldn't think.

I am 6 foot 5 and had issues with my t6 highline seat, back ache, nech ache et. Finally i swapped it out for a set of Audi a3 seats and no more problems
Interesting. Did you get them new or second hand? Got any photos you'd be happy to share?

The only thing that bothers me a bit is how the brake pedal is quite high up and the steering wheel doesn’t come towards you far enough.

Do find the sitting position quite comfortable on long drives though

The only thing that bothers me a bit is how the brake pedal is quite high up and the steering wheel doesn’t come towards you far enough.

Do find the sitting position quite comfortable on long drives though
Yes I find the brake also quite far to the left also. Didn't notice it until the leg started playing up. Maybe need to master left foot braking...

I always thought the seat positioning was on the high side, even at the lowest setting, my prev 6.1 had the factory swivels hence no height adjustment and that to me , made the driving position even worse, was going to change them out for non swivel captains seats but had a meeting with black ice one morning, van was wrote off, on the plus side, I’ve no need to change the seats lol, waiting for replacement van now ,

The biggest gripe I have so far is the lack of height adjustment, I find the position too high and maybe a little too upright so have to lean a fair bit to apply the handbrake. 6 ft tall.

However the left foot position is beginning to irritate me now it just never feels comfortable I keep banging the annoyingly intrusive bulkhead/tunnel shape, feels awkward.

I've experimented slightly this week. I've put the seat up to max height which leans it slightly further forward which i thought might help, lowering the front edge.

Is it a straightforward process to change a seat?

Back