T6.1 Sportline black edition - release date

It looks better in the flesh. It’s yet to be wound down on the coil overs. The Red strip on the front is more like a metallic deep red like the Fortana red on the colour choice.
The tailgate wasn’t power latching but side door was. The inside floor had the rubber matt but basic bottom half hardboard ply.
Does look better in the flesh like I said. Real eye catcher.
We was a bit surprised that the indicators arnt the dynamic flashing though but hey ho.
No sign of illuminated side bars as per brochure.

It is in the brochure , just had a look , better have it on mine , along with both sliders !

Hey don’t shoot the messenger lol.
Apparently all dealers should have a Sportline in over the next week or so…

I think for me , bottom line is it is not close to the brochure , looks like it is short on spec as well . If I am going to have to modify it , might as well keep the one I have tbh !

So far underwhelming photos. What mods and styling you guys thinking about? I know for a limited edition we should probably just leave it as it comes but does this really compete in aesthetics with the likes of the Transit Customs on the roads with certain aesthetics as standard? Do you think they went with the pure grey on this just so the black edition lettering stands out more…? Sure we will love it when we get it…

It looks rather underwhelming in those photos, doesn’t look very special, not a great deal different to a standard van.
I think I’d be a bit disappointed if I’d been waiting an eternity for one like a lot of people have.
It'll be about 13 months from order when mine arrives, and I'm not too impressed with first impressions at the moment to be honest.

Looks pretty much as aspected, I would imagine ride height is set so you don’t head butt the tailgate. I would personally rather set the final height myself once loaded. Am going to add and change a few bits.

So far underwhelming photos. What mods and styling you guys thinking about? I know for a limited edition we should probably just leave it as it comes but does this really compete in aesthetics with the likes of the Transit Customs on the roads with certain aesthetics as standard? Do you think they went with the pure grey on this just so the black edition lettering stands out more…? Sure we will love it when we get it… ..
Mods for me .. alacantara in cab headliner a pillars .
Spray roof to black
Wheels to Matt black
Coil overs adjusted down & machined top mounts.alignment ect lH&r anti roll bars
Rear bumper protector .
Carpet & lights in back
& enjoy ...

Who’s gonna be first to cut the roof off one??

Hoping to see some Kombi pics soon, rather than these base model panels… ;)

Think some of you need a reality check though, thinking it was gonna look like a brochure render…. Looks pretty much as expected IMO.

been in marshalls reading today
they had a black edition in the showroom,
front seats are lovly

Who’s gonna be first to cut the roof off one??

Hoping to see some Kombi pics soon, rather than these base model panels… ;)

Think some of you need a reality check though, thinking it was gonna look like a brochure render…. Looks pretty much as expected IMO.

Leighton have made theirs better than the render , VW are not even close , and that’s what they were selling . Don’t think it is too much to ask when buying a 50k van that it resembles the sales pitch , it’s not a Mac D 99p cheeseburger , though even that resembles the promise a bit !

Back