T6.1 Sportline black edition - release date

f***! That’s horrible… you getting vw to sort it? I had an email today saying my new front bumper kit is being fitted and painted by VW and not EDC. I’m Glad VW are stepping in because they know EDC can’t get it right!
Vw will
Sort it apparantly , been on to them again today , the two blisters are under the headlights where the panels must be rubbing

Not nice.
You lot are putting me off from getting one now.
I might have to cancel my order.
Who are EDC by the way?

Not nice.
Who are EDC by the way?
EDC are the converters who make the vans into sportline’s they are MSRT who do the stuff for Ford. The Sportline is fantastic and looks great! Just the quality needs sorting clearly!

Vw will
Sort it apparantly , been on to them again today , the two blisters are under the headlights where the panels must be rubbing
Glad VW are sorting it for you… it’s definitely not great. Seems a lot are having the same problems.

EDC are the converters who make the vans into sportline’s they are MSRT who do the stuff for Ford. The Sportline is fantastic and looks great! Just the quality needs sorting clearly!
So with all the problems you have had you don't regret buying a sportline? This question is for all of you that have had problems..
I have one on order which it seems is going to take forever to be built and arrive with me.
At this point I am wondering if it is worth waiting for a sportli e or changing my order to a highline and adding some sporty bits myself.

I have done exactly that - decided to order a Highline and add my own choice of sporty/upgrade bits. It is more expensive but then I can choose my preferred 20" wheels, the higher quality suspension I want, colour code the parts and bodywork I want to the exact colour and better quality original design upholstery I want. I just felt that even with the extras being good value, the Sportline was still massively over-rated and I'd still want to personalise it more so the Sportline would end up almost the same price for a poorer quality item. Well converted custom vans nearly always look a cut above the sportlines anyway in my opinion and I don't believe that Sportlines hold their value any better than Highlines. Looking at all the comments I'm glad I made that decision now.

So with all the problems you have had you don't regret buying a sportline? This question is for all of you that have had problems..
I have one on order which it seems is going to take forever to be built and arrive with me.
At this point I am wondering if it is worth waiting for a sportli e or changing my order to a highline and adding some sporty bits myself.
Originally I ordered a Highline with everything on it! Waited a year and it was still not built so I managed to jump on a cancellation of a Kombi sportline Black Edition. Honestly it’s so much better than what my highline could of ever been and it would of cost more to bring a Highline anywhere near a sportline. In the flesh I don’t think any van comes close… people always comment on it and it’s a good investment from what I paid for it to what it’s currently worth. I like the fact you rarely see one and it will stay that way. The Van is fantastic and I love mine. Yes it’s had issues I’m pissed off about but they will be sorted and it will all work out. I would of thought vans coming through now should be ok as I imagine VW would of put something in place to ensure they are being built by EDC better. EDC did say to me they have changed the way they are doing things. No Highline will ever be a Sportline no matter what you put on it! Especially Black editions they are a bit more special.
I definitely do not regret buying one, you are lucky if you have one especially with the shortages and everything going on currently.

Not nice.
Who are EDC by the way?
Do not be put off , these vans are awesome ..
Msrt /edc have some clowns on board unfortunately .
Vw warranty will sort out if you have issue ...

No , I’ve had problems with every sportline I’ve had , once sorted they have been trouble free , all from new, this is by far the best one I have owned , just need to sort the bumper that is the only problem we have had with the 2 we ordered.

I was going for a Sportline but the lead times quoted by the stealer mid 21 put me off, and I was persuaded to go down the route of a fully loaded Highline that I could then convert to something similar to a Sportline, the dealer advised this would reduce lead time. Then 22 came and we know what happened to lead times. Gave up after 9 months of no updates, cancelled the order and have ordered a stock van from Van Haven that is being modified to my exact requirements, and which I have no doubt will ultimately be unique, more luxurious and better suited to my needs than the stock Sportline.
Then again, it will end up costing over 10k more that the Sportline list price, so isn't really an apples for apples comparison, but I would probably have spent that on the Sportline bringing it up to my final requirements.
Pics will follow in July when I pick it up.

Thanks for your replies.
Think I need to stick with it and keep my fingers crossed I have no issues. I do hope they have sorted there sh** out at EDC by the time my van arrives with them.
The general feeling I'm getting is you guys still think the van is great with is encouraging.

I was going for a Sportline but the lead times quoted by the stealer mid 21 put me off, and I was persuaded to go down the route of a fully loaded Highline that I could then convert to something similar to a Sportline, the dealer advised this would reduce lead time. Then 22 came and we know what happened to lead times. Gave up after 9 months of no updates, cancelled the order and have ordered a stock van from Van Haven that is being modified to my exact requirements, and which I have no doubt will ultimately be unique, more luxurious and better suited to my needs than the stock Sportline.
Then again, it will end up costing over 10k more that the Sportline list price, so isn't really an apples for apples comparison, but I would probably have spent that on the Sportline bringing it up to my final requirements.
Pics will follow in July when I pick it up.
I did have a look down these lines myself.
True is you need to draw a line on your budget somewhere and the sportline is already an incredibly amount of money to pay for a van for me.
Can't wait to see the pics of yours thow. Enjoy!

Thanks for your replies.
Think I need to stick with it and keep my fingers crossed I have no issues. I do hope they have sorted there sh** out at EDC by the time my van arrives with them.
The general feeling I'm getting is you guys still think the van is great with is encouraging.
Yeah, byde your time, well worth the wait, I have had no issues with mine as yet . Apart from the shocking stereo but thats not msrts fault, have the alpine kit coming to sort that out then will be awesome . (Oh yeah and the stupid front sensor that decided to slam on the brakes going down a steep drive, near crapped myself ! )

Yeah, byde your time, well worth the wait, I have had no issues with mine as yet . Apart from the shocking stereo but thats not msrts fault, have the alpine kit coming to sort that out then will be awesome . (Oh yeah and the stupid front sensor that decided to slam on the brakes going down a steep drive, near crapped myself ! )
Thanks.
Are you just swapping the speakers out or going for the full speakers sub and dsp amp?

I did have a look down these lines myself.
True is you need to draw a line on your budget somewhere and the sportline is already an incredibly amount of money to pay for a van for me.
Can't wait to see the pics of yours thow. Enjoy!
Will definately post pics once i pick her up.
She going to be a little unusual, as sort of an urban swamper. Even Van Haven have said they haven't done some of the combinations i'm proposing.

Had an update from JCB Ashford today, apparently my Sportline pv will be built in June :D and once it’s been in the hands of MSRT should be at the dealers August:cool: I’m just hoping he means 2022 and not 2023:oops: :rofl: Let’s see!! Oh and no mention of a price increase, did not want to press him just yet, i have buried my head in the sand:whistle::D

ps, ordered June 21

Back