T6.1 Retrofit Reversing Camera

Hi Jason
Thanks for your note, can you supply and fit either ?
What would costs be etc. and if fitting I assume you would need us to drop the van in somewhere ?
Regards
Phil
We can supply and fit both.. we are based near Stonehenge Wiltshire

Ok, so after a little research and trial / error...I’ve managed to find a definitive answer as to how to do it. What you’ve been told is correct with the addition of one extra bit...
To summarise,

19 - Gateway --> Installation List --> Activate "6C-Backing up camera" --> Save
5F - Electronic System --> Adaptations -->

CAR FUNCION LIST BAP GEN2-VPS-----ACTIVE
CAR FUNCION LIST GEN2 - VPS msg bus -------TERMINAL 15

10 - Steer/Park Assist --> Byte 4-5 --> 10 Rearview Camera

:thumbsup:

Hello everyone, I am in the early stages of doing a 2020 plate T6.1 Highline Panel Van conversion. Before I get to far into the interior conversion work I would like to install a reversing camera. I have read that cameras that are compatible with some dash screens are available and just plug in to the existing system. Can anyone tell me what model the dash screen is in my vehicle and if possible what would be the best camera(if there is one) to use. I have never owned a Transporter before and I am on a big learning curve. Thanking you in anticipation for any help or advice that you give me.

20211022_084252.jpg

20211022_084230.jpg

20211022_084220.jpg

We do a very good quality I universal camera that very discreet and can be viewed in our Facebook or Instagram shop. This would need coding in however but it's a 10 minute job to code.

These are £80 but with the 15% T6 Forum discount currently on this takes the down to £68 and free shipping.

HI Dav-Tec, thank you for your reply. I am certainly interested, however I am a bit of a Tech retard and having trouble finding the product in you Facebook shop. I am South Nottingham based which is handy. I will give you a call tomorrow (Sat), if I don't get you then I will try on Monday.
Many thanks
CT

Ok tomorrow is no problem. We can also supply and fit.

Adobe_20211010_190327.jpg

Ok tomorrow is no problem. We can also supply and fit.

View attachment 134428
Can you tell me please, where about on the Tailgate the camera will be located - ie where will you have to cut the hole. I ask this because I am in the process of putting in the sound deadening and the insulation. I don't want to cause you a problem by putting this stuff in where you are going to have to cut.

Hi, I have fitted a Genuine VW rear camera to my 2021 VW T6.1 and I'm having an issue with the coding. The instructions state Execute the following coding • Address 5F: Byte 19, set bit 4 to 1. • Address 10: Byte 0, set bit 5 to 1.

When I connect my genuine Vagcom Hex Can lead with the latest software running the section is greyed out and there is a message saying module not supported. I am stuck and any help will be really appreciated. Thanks

Hi, I have fitted a Genuine VW rear camera to my 2021 VW T6.1 and I'm having an issue with the coding. The instructions state Execute the following coding • Address 5F: Byte 19, set bit 4 to 1. • Address 10: Byte 0, set bit 5 to 1.

When I connect my genuine Vagcom Hex Can lead with the latest software running the section is greyed out and there is a message saying module not supported. I am stuck and any help will be really appreciated. Thanks
Your cable is out of date you need a Hex net to do late T6 onwards

I am reading that as my van is 2021 I might need a Token to get through the firewall that VW have added to the system. Has anyone else had this difficulty? If so how did you get around it? I would buy the Vagcom Hex net lead if it was 100% going to code the camera but don't want to go down that route if it won't work. Any help is appreciated.

The job is all done and I thought the coding was the easy bit and now it has turned out to be a nightmare.

I am reading that as my van is 2021 I might need a Token to get through the firewall that VW have added to the system. Has anyone else had this difficulty? If so how did you get around it? I would buy the Vagcom Hex net lead if it was 100% going to code the camera but don't want to go down that route if it won't work. Any help is appreciated.

The job is all done and I thought the coding was the easy bit and now it has turned out to be a nightmare.
Hex net will do the job, it may prompt you to open the bonnet to let you into the controller

Back