Keeping reversing camera clean

Looks like your next mod Robert. I was thinking of using the small jet they use in centre of VW Golf (and others) rear wiper arm, and fitting a T from the front washer pipe. Should work a treat.

Last edited:
That is exactly what I am thinking about.
Splitting tailgate window wash nozzle supply pipe and using it for washing camera lens as well.
In the simplest way the camera would be washed every time the tailgate window is washed
or alternatively there could be a solenoid valve added
which would allow for camera wash only when reversing gear is engaged.

s-l1600.jpg

Last step would be OEM T6 camera replacement with another OEM but equipped with washing nozzle.
Alternatively independent washing nozzle could be mounted next to the camera and directed at the lens.

Am I the only one who instinctively gives the lens a wipe whenever I close the tailgate? (Luckily, I have kids who do this for me now!)

What about replacing the camera with one from say the Audi Q5 as they already have the spray nozzle in place next to the camera.

Some required components from EU.

Reactions: mmi
@Robert I wonder if the Q5 camera would be an exact fit? If it it then this would be a very easy mod indeed.

I will take a pic of my Q5 camera to see if this mod is feasible.

Have you seen the cameras on some Mercedes cars? They hide under the boot handle flush until the car slows down to walking pace and then drop down and open so they can be used. I thought I was seeing things behind a Mercedes in traffic when I could see something popping down and then disappearing again when the car drove off. Quite nifty.

Lol this is what we need. Pardon the muck.

The nozzle is top left.

0EDF6DE7-F5A1-4603-A63A-31DD3CEECBC1.jpeg

Have you seen the cameras on some Mercedes cars? They hide under the boot handle flush until the car slows down to walking pace and then drop down and open so they can be used. I thought I was seeing things behind a Mercedes in traffic when I could see something popping down and then disappearing again when the car drove off. Quite nifty.

The wife’s C220 did this, rather impressive plus the camera gave the option of a wider lense.

Back