T6.1 Privacy Disclaimer Every Time?

Online alarm - where is that? I didn't know about that. Does it send a text or does someone come around and knock on your door to let you know that someone is rifling around in the glove compartment?

I used the OBD11 VAG connector yesterday and changed Privacy to 0 seconds and also Not Active.
Been in the van twice today. No annoying message. Holding breath for further checks tomorrow.

Another of my weaknesses is the way I fault find. Rather than one change I will apply several and therefore when I try and determine what the correction was, it is difficult to pinpoint. I will take the OBD11 out and check the settings and try and find the steps.
I have seen the prompt twice since making the changes. Both are when I have not connected my phone.

When I get into the van I plug my phone into the cable just after shutting the door. I then remove the Secure Lock from the steering wheel and quite often the CarPlay initialisation screen is visible. Not sure if this has a bearing on it either.

This might go hand in hand with your issue (prompt appears when phone not connected), but if the radio is on, or usb playing music when starting up, then there is no prompt.
So - might just be when the unit is 'inactive' that the prompt shows.

Whodat - agreed - but I did 'fiddle' via OBD11 with the setting for display time of the Privacy prompt - and reduced it I thought.

tempImagei7Vkto.jpg tempImage9wVTOs.png

I've just tested different options.
1. Normal procedure, connect iPhone, take off the Stoplock and saw the phone screen was displaying CarPlay within seconds started the van and it connected straight to CarPlay.
2. Ignition on, iPhone not connected, but head unit was on - no Privacy message and I waited a little while and did notice the little head with hat in the left picture above. Connected iPhone and as above - straight to CarPlay.
3. Turned the head unit off. Ignition on, clock and date on head unit and then Data Protection message displayed.

Last edited:
Back