T6.1 Privacy Disclaimer Every Time?

I couldn't agree more, I've said so many times including on this forum. Driving should be about looking through the big window in front of you, not at a touch screen.
Quite simple then. Don't look at/ operate the touch screen when you are driving.

I have recently bought a new T6.1
Every time it is restarted a long message about privacy appears on the screen which I have to acknowledge by pressing a particular spot on the screen before anything will work. According to VW this cannot be prevented. I have found this distraction to be a waste of my time and of my attention and therefore both irritating and dangerous.
So far I’ve only had to do it about 100 times.
How will it feel after 10 000 times ?
just trying to understand - you get this message and have to acknowledge it before anything will work? So how is it dangerous? Irritating ok but it kind of goes with the times of nanny state - has been for the last 20yrs in many situations..

It's nuts. We've just bought a new Tig with a digital dash. I needed to resort to the handbook to find out how to trip the mileage. Scroll through to the correct folder on the display, scroll through that folder an highlight 'Trip' wait until it prompts a message, then press OK. What's wrong with having a simple button that you press once?

So how is it dangerous?

I think he means after a time he will ignore the warnings and just hit acknowledge to get going then one day an important warning could appear which he will just acknowledge without reading.

So what's the warning about privacy? Is this something us T6 users should be aware of?

Quite simple then. Don't look at/ operate the touch screen when you are driving.
The thing is, we used to be able to change the radio station without being dangerous. Yes you can use the buttons on the steering wheel but what with the van settings, Cruise control, Radio and telephone all vying for space it gets a bit of a head £uck

I have recently bought a new T6.1
Every time it is restarted a long message about privacy appears on the screen which I have to acknowledge by pressing a particular spot on the screen before anything will work. According to VW this cannot be prevented. I have found this distraction to be a waste of my time and of my attention and therefore both irritating and dangerous.
So far I’ve only had to do it about 100 times.
How will it feel after 10 000 times ?
That message only appears when my head unit is switched off. When its left on I dont see it.

Hi,
Everytime I start up the little spaceship either there is a message about VW privacy policy which I need to 'X' or it goes on about the User Mode I've chosen which I need to 'X'.
Is there a way to turn off the 'X' messages automatically rather than having to use 'the finger'?
It seems after startup it is similar to pressing all these buttons in a cockpit just to stop things happening. (well, mainly stop/start and the bloody radio and still fiddling around with all the buttons to see what they do then spend 5 minutes trying to get back to speedo)

T6.1/22 plate/Manual/150bhp/T30/Indium/FNG (less than a week)

Cheers.

Hi,
Everytime I start up the little spaceship either there is a message about VW privacy policy which I need to 'X' or it goes on about the User Mode I've chosen which I need to 'X'.
Is there a way to turn off the 'X' messages automatically rather than having to use 'the finger'?
It seems after startup it is similar to pressing all these buttons in a cockpit just to stop things happening. (well, mainly stop/start and the bloody radio and still fiddling around with all the buttons to see what they do then spend 5 minutes trying to get back to speedo)

T6.1/22 plate/Manual/150bhp/T30/Indium/FNG (less than a week)

Cheers.
I get the same message on my 23 plate, haven't found any way to turn it off. Very annoying.

I'm fairly sure you can disable them using something like VCDS or OBD11 etc.

I think you'll find the adaptation in 5F Adaptation - Function_configuration_hmi
There are settings for on/off for both hmi_inital_disclaimer and hmi_legal_disclaimer

I don't have my van, my laptop and my VCDS cable all in the same place to verify this for you right now!!

Someone else more knowledgeable will be along shortly to cast their pearls of wisdom!

I'm fairly sure you can disable them using something like VCDS or OBD11 etc.

I think you'll find the adaptation in 5F Adaptation - Function_configuration_hmi
There are settings for on/off for both hmi_inital_disclaimer and hmi_legal_disclaimer

I don't have my van, my laptop and my VCDS cable all in the same place to verify this for you right now!!

Someone else more knowledgeable will be along shortly to cast their pearls of wisdom!
This is the message I get and have to clear every time.IMG_2095.jpg

I also get this privacy message screen and have to clear every time. Very annoying and haven't managed to find a way to disable it. I'd love to know if anyone has managed to find a way!

Thats one of the screens I get.
Also if you have chosen 'privacy' user mode it comes up with a different screen.
I have a Carista but there doesn't seem to be anything on that unfortunately.

Same screen here too. I just borrowed my son's OBD11 VAG and found a Privacy option but I think to change it you need to have an upgraded subscription.
Saying that, if you ignore the OK it clears from the screen after a few seconds.

I believe if you set maximum privacy one of the things it will prevent is your position being used by the SOS system, and that might be why you are reminded every time.

For balance I have mine (MY21 T6.1) the other end of the settings and it still chooses to remind me every week or so.

Hi RT,
On full privacy setting the only thing that isn't blocked is the SOS system (according to all the little check boxes). If any other setting is used it goes to the screen posted by Pete above.
If I switch on/off radio the screen goes away but mine doesn't seem to disappear unless something is pressed (on/off/X/menu etc),
I haven't figured out (or had the time to) use Weconnect/VW whatever gumfings they want me to register for and I'm not handing over anymore cash just so that they can read me the riot act every time there is an other coverup that they get caught out on.

The online alarm and being able to check the van is locked when you get the doubt is handy, time will tell in August when the inclusive service runs out if I find it worth paying for that.

Back