T6.1 phone interference

Keen to find out how you guys get on and if its a part in the end or a software update.

Dropped my van off at the VW centre this morning for the issue. Unfortunately they have never heard of the problem. I’ll update once I know more.

Sorry to hear this has happened to you too.
I think VW are telling you porky-pies!
They said the same to me initially but after swapping the head unit under warranty, admitted that they’d had lots of problems the same.
Update:
This morning I went to the VW dealer. They changed the USB sockets by the gear stick. On the way home still have the poor sound quality issue. Booked in again on the 20th.
@PAJ would you mind send me details of the dealer that solved this problem please, so I can go armed with more info next time.

Thanks

Update:
This morning I went to the VW dealer. They changed the USB sockets by the gear stick. On the way home still have the poor sound quality issue. Booked in again on the 20th.
@PAJ would you mind send me details of the dealer that solved this problem please, so I can go armed with more info next time.

Thanks
@PAJ could you send me the details as well please? I’ve got the feeling the centre I am dealing with are going to try and drag this out.

Regarding interference……I think once again the VW commercial guys have rushed to put the 6.1 out and not thought about all the additional electrical controlled systems…99% of modern cars the GPS/aerial is mounted at the rear away from all the electronics at the front…..with all the band widths being ever increasingly squashed to allow for new technology it’s no wonder reception/interference are an issue…..DAB is patchy at best around the country….then you hear stories of Transmitters operating on reduced power to save on costs…..As customers we don't stand a chance :eek:

Regarding interference……I think once again the VW commercial guys have rushed to put the 6.1 out and not thought about all the additional electrical controlled systems…99% of modern cars the GPS/aerial is mounted at the rear away from all the electronics at the front…..with all the band widths being ever increasingly squashed to allow for new technology it’s no wonder reception/interference are an issue…..DAB is patchy at best around the country….then you hear stories of Transmitters operating on reduced power to save on costs…..As customers we don't stand a chance :eek:
This isnt a DAB issue though.

Sorry..The Phones/radio are all related regarding interference…My phone works great at home ( as does DAB ) but add to the mix the technology that’s in our vans …it comes down to compatibility

Update:

Thanks
How did you get on with VW Skyliner33?

Has anyone had a result yet ? My new iPhone seemed to cure it for a bit but its back now. Frequently in Apple CarPlay mode I have to switch from the system to the phone as callers complain of echo and or poor sound quality.

Has anyone had a result yet ? My new iPhone seemed to cure it for a bit but its back now. Frequently in Apple CarPlay mode I have to switch from the system to the phone as callers complain of echo and or poor sound quality.
My van is in getting converted. I didn’t manage to get it sorted with vw before it went in. Unfortunately I am going to have to wait till the new year to get it fixed (whatever the fix is?!)

Did anyone ever get this problem sorted? I’ve just got my van back from the conversion company and this is the next thing I’d like to sort out.

Was wondering if anyone else has experience of this
In my 70 plate t6.1 when the phone is plugged into the usc port and the music is playing from my phone it’s clear for a while and then starts crackling
Tried various leads including a genuine apple lead for my iPhone and it still doing it
To my frustration!!
Dealer replaced my head unit under Warranty.
I wrote a list of the faults and what I’d done to negate/solve each issue.
Phone type software, cables, location…
So far the new one is fine.

Dealer replaced my head unit under Warranty.
I wrote a list of the faults and what I’d done to negate/solve each issue.
Phone type software, cables, location…
So far the new one is fine.
Can I ask what dealership you went through so I can reference when I speak with the guys in the Glasgow branch?

Any news on a fix for this yet ? Just had to do another factory reset

Back