T6.1 phone interference

I’ve just been to VW about poor sound quality when using apple car play when connected via genuine apple cable. But SD card and via Bluetooth were fine.
I was told mine was a newer head unit than the one @BognorMotors had fixed.
Apparently the need to order a part to fix my sound issue. No idea what the part is. I will report back when I have had it done. I also have a recall on my drivers door cable.
Fantastic thanks. Look forward to hearing.

We’ve had one sorted with the update for exactly this problem. Any issues I could always send you the registration and they can look up what’s been done.
My CarPlay starts fine but rapidly deteriorates within 10 minutes of use; crackles, stutters & distorted.
What fixed yours please?
I’m booked in with dealer next week (T6.1)

I’m guessing the update is the permanent solution but I’ve found that doing the factory reset works for about a month.

My CarPlay starts fine but rapidly deteriorates within 10 minutes of use; crackles, stutters & distorted.
What fixed yours please?
I’m booked in with dealer next week (T6.1)
I have this problem. I took it to the dealers and they said the need to order a part to fix it. I’m currently waiting for them to call to say it has arrived. Will be interested to see what your dealer says.

Keen to find out how you guys get on and if its a part in the end or a software update.

Reactions: PAJ
Dropped my van off at the VW centre this morning for the issue. Unfortunately they have never heard of the problem. I’ll update once I know more.

It seems that I only have to do the factory reset on the sound settings for it to clear the fault. Did this about a week ago and so far so good. I’ll keep you posted how long it last!!

Dropped my van off at the VW centre this morning for the issue. Unfortunately they have never heard of the problem. I’ll update once I know more.
Sorry to hear this has happened to you too.
I think VW are telling you porky-pies!
They said the same to me initially but after swapping the head unit under warranty, admitted that they’d had lots of problems the same.

They said the same to me initially but after swapping the head unit under warranty, admitted that they’d had lots of problems the same.
Interesting. My van centre said the same at first. I hadn't heard anything since I went so just called them earlier. They said still waiting for te part to arrive. The think its just the USB socket/connector and it will be in next Monday. It apparently also has a Bowden cable recall.
What van centre did you go to so I can point mine in that direction if needed?

Cheers

Thanks for the information, I’ll definitely be push for this to be replaced under warranty. The technician is current looking at it.

My van is also in for the Bowden cable recall. It in at the Glasgow Lookers centre.

My Bowden cable recall was done at the same time too. I was at Breeze VW van centre, Poole (Dorset).
Good luck with yours

My Bowden cable recall was done at the same time too. I was at Breeze VW van centre, Poole (Dorset).
Good luck with yours
Looks like you have a 6.1 Out of interest, when was your van manufactured? I was under the impression that any 6.1’s made after about Feb 21 wouldn't need the Bowden cable recall.

Mine’s a 2020 T6.1
I never had any problem with the cables/doors but they said they changed them anyway.

Looks like you have a 6.1 Out of interest, when was your van manufactured? I was under the impression that any 6.1’s made after about Feb 21 wouldn't need the Bowden cable recall.
Mine is also a 2020 6.1. I didn’t have any issues with the doors but they said the issues becomes more apparent in the cold weather.

On the Static car play issue - the centre have raised a tech query with VW. They said they are aware of an issue with Android but not with Apple car play. Surely it’s the same issue?! They are going to get back to me with an answer ASAP.

Factory reset works but only for a few weeks. For me it’s about 6 weeks. As I said previously I just did a reset on sound settings last time and so far so good….

Back