T6.1 phone interference

Tommy boy

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Was wondering if anyone else has experience of this
In my 70 plate t6.1 when the phone is plugged into the usc port and the music is playing from my phone it’s clear for a while and then starts crackling
Tried various leads including a genuine apple lead for my iPhone and it still doing it
To my frustration!!

Haven't experienced it myself in mine, but it has definitely been discussed on here before.

Recall some mention of needing an original cable, but that’s not your problem, and being honest, not sure that’s the real cause either as I think others had similar issues even if using an original cable. Sounds more like a dealer fob off for a problem they either can’t resolve or don’t want to admit to.

There’s definitely a thread on here about it. I think there’s a software problem if I remember correctly.

I've got the same issue - over CarPlay, music/calls/audiobooks start fine, then begin to crackle intermittently.

I'm trying to figure out how to download an update to the Infortainment system, which is proving most difficult!

I've got the same issue - over CarPlay, music/calls/audiobooks start fine, then begin to crackle intermittently.

I'm trying to figure out how to download an update to the Infortainment system, which is proving most difficult!
That’s exactly the same as mine starts fine then does it intermittently

Reactions: PAJ
Mine does the same. Then gets worse in that the microphone appears to stop working on my iPhone until I reboot it. Never had Bluetooth issues with any other vehicle..? Any fixes for this yet?

Reactions: PAJ
VW…..VAG Group have a long list of issues with the infotainment systems…the Wife‘s 21 plate Skoda with the digital dash has major issues with IPhone 12…both companies blame each other…Consumers are just piggies in the middle….How unusual !!

We’ve had one sorted with the update for exactly this problem. Any issues I could always send you the registration and they can look up what’s been done.

We’ve had one sorted with the update for exactly this problem. Any issues I could always send you the registration and they can look up what’s been done.
Hi, my van is booked in with VW next weds as when playing music from the iPhone I have started getting these issues since Busfest. When I phoned up to book it in the service guy said he had never heard of this issue or update. So any info to go armed with would be helpful.
also I have added an amp. Am I better removing this before I go in case they try to blame this? Thanks in advance.

Amp shouldn’t make any difference as its from the headunit. The van we sent over had a full Audison sound system.

Send me a message a reminder and I’ll grab some detail

I have the same issue Oli so how to software update the head unit might be key to shorting this. I have no idea how to update the software and if this is indeed possible without a visit to VW. Any advice would be appreciated.

I’ve just been to VW about poor sound quality when using apple car play when connected via genuine apple cable. But SD card and via Bluetooth were fine.
I was told mine was a newer head unit than the one @BognorMotors had fixed.
Apparently the need to order a part to fix my sound issue. No idea what the part is. I will report back when I have had it done. I also have a recall on my drivers door cable.

Back