T6.1 new order delays

Hi all. I’ve been lurking here since I ordered my van (Jan ‘22) and have been told I have a build date of Oct 10th week 41. If all goes to plan, what is the time from build to delivery?

I suppose it depends on your vans spec…I was told when I ordered mine that the tow bar option would slow the build down but I went ahead anyway with some other bespoke options.

great to see people getting there vans but can I ask are these provisional or confirmed build date and also what spec are they are they t30 / t32

If this is the quoted times might aswell go spec a new one up and put another order in

great to see people getting there vans but can I ask are these provisional or confirmed build date and also what spec are they are they t30 / t32

If this is the quoted times might aswell go spec a new one up and put another order in
Mines a T30 and its a build date that could change… hence why I said I’m not expecting it to turn up at the dealers til Feb/Mar at the earliest

So I have heard today mine is in the country. Ordered end of March 2021. It could be with me by the end of next week or the start of October. It's been a long wait but this week might feel even longer as I wait for the call.......and the delivery truck as I am over 300 miles from the dealer. The van is a Pure grey 204 4motion lwb twin slider kombi . With tow bar and diff lock. Nothing said about wheels or tyres being a problem.

I did want the Sportline with all the bells and whistles BUT it only comes in an automatic!! I love to 'drive' my vehicles. I could not spec any of the Sportline body parts as you have to 'prove' ownership of a Sportline to order the rear spoiler! Love the spoiler on the Sportline!!!!

I thought I would share with all of you the options I went for:

T32 T6.1 HIGHLINE SWB 150PS 4Motion Manual 6 speed (I believe VW has stopped making manual 150PS 4Motion).
Pure Grey
Active lane assist with side assist
Adaptive cruise control including limiter and City emergency braking
Armrests for both seats
CFCU installed at factory
Direct tyre pressure monitoring system
80L fuel tank
Heated driver and passenger seats
Heated washer nozzles
High beam control
Hill start Assist/Hill descent control
LED headlamps with LED DRLs
Tailgate with window
Manual adjustable lumbar support - have 3 slipped discs
Navigation system Discover Media with streaming and internet
Parking sensors front and rear with Park Assist
Power latching for sliding passenger side door
Preparation for We connect and We connect PLUS
Programmable parking heater (AIR) with radio remote control, Auxillary heater (coolant) and @nd battery
Suspension range 13
Swivel seat for driver and passenger
Tailgate release from inside (electrically)
Removable towbar and lockable
Traffic recognition
Uprated started battery (92Ah, AGM) and increased alternator capacity
Bulkhead removed

I ordered all of the above as I am due to retire on a few years and will be converting this into a camper van. I wanted the best base vehicle as my foundation. I understand to some this will seem like overkill but I did not want to be in the position of having regrets regarding my options list.

Thank you for reading.

David

Last edited:
I did want the Sportline with all the bells and whistles BUT it only comes in an automatic!! I love to 'drive' my vehicles. I could not spec any of the Sportline body parts as you have to 'prove' ownership of a Sportline to order the rear spoiler! Love the spoiler on the Sportline!!!!

I thought I would share with all of you the options I went for:

T32 T6.1 HIGHLINE SWB 150PS 4Motion Manual 6 speed (I believe VW has stopped making manual 150PS 4Motion).
Pure Grey
Active lane assist with side assist
Adaptive cruise control including limiter and City emergency braking
Armrests for both seats
CFCU installed at factory
Direct tyre pressure monitoring system
80L fuel tank
Heated driver and passenger seats
Heated washer nozzles
High beam control
Hill start Assist/Hill descent control
LED headlamps with LED DRLs
Tailgate with window
Manual adjustable lumbar support - have 3 slipped discs
Navigation system Discover Media with streaming and internet
Parking sensors front and rear with Park Assist
Power latching for sliding passenger side door
Preparation for We connect and We connect PLUS
Programmable parking heater (AIR) with radio remote control, Auxillary heater (coolant) and @nd battery
Suspension range 13
Swivel seat for driver and passenger
Tailgate release from inside (electrically)
Removable towbar and lockable
Traffic recognition
Uprated started battery (92Ah, AGM) and increased alternator capacity
Bulkhead removed

I ordered all of the above as I am due to retire on a few years and will be converting this into a camper van. I wanted the best base vehicle as my foundation. I understand to some this will seem like overkill but I did not want to be in the position of having regrets regarding my options list.

Thank you for reading.

David
You forgot the kitchen sink !!! Oh no you’ll probably fit that when you convert it :)

• Haha
Reactions: Bav
Has anyone had any updates from VW?
Mine went into build 5 weeks ago and is apparently still in the factory as from yesterday with no further progress on the build. My sales person from vw is, let's say it politely not very helpful.
It's nothing special only a 110ps with a solid tailgate with led lights and no bulkhead. The best bit is i ordered it last December!
Thanks guys

Mine went into build 15th of August. It was not until last week that I was told that it was on the boat to the UK. Dealer also said they were waiting for 3 others that had gone into build but were still in build several weeks later. They said of the 4 they were expected only mine was out of the factory. Sorry if that doesn't help.

Well after 11 months with no news, today I have be told week 41, week commencing 10 October build week, so dealer said hopefully mid November.
Said he would contact me 25 October to let me know if its left the factory. So fingers crossed

Well after 11 months with no news, today I have be told week 41, week commencing 10 October build week, so dealer said hopefully mid November.
Said he would contact me 25 October to let me know if its left the factory. So fingers crossed
I had an email from my dealer giving me the same build week so finger crossed I can make plans for mid November as well .

Back