T6.1 new order delays

Well that’s not great news @mjn is it. With 5-6 weeks on top to deliver, you may just see it before Xmas
I picked my current T6 up 20th Dec 2018 so I reckon I’ll get my new van around the same date. Won’t have to worry about having a van without a warranty!

Reactions: Ozi
Hopefully getting mine this weekend. What a journey it’s been. felt like giving up a few times but 5 deposits and 5 different vans later the end is in site. Just awaiting transport from Grimsby back to Bristol.

Hopefully getting mine this weekend. What a journey it’s been. felt like giving up a few times but 5 deposits and 5 different vans later the end is in site. Just awaiting transport from Grimsby back to Bristol.
Wow. I thought I had it hard at 3 contracts and a converter saying they would charge me too much and best to buy myself. Congratulations on the van. I hope mine is here in a month.

Finally got an email of my sales guy at the van centre provisional build for my kombi end oct so delivery before Xmas he said. Only a 11 month wait. Thinks are looking up. Hahah

Ordered high spec T6.1 Kombi 28th Feb, upgraded it to 4Motion 2 weeks ago and have provisional build date week 48 November given to me today.
Dealer said he ordered a PV early Feb and it was delivered yesterday.
Its all about dealer allocation according to Listers Birmingham.

Ordered high spec T6.1 Kombi 28th Feb, upgraded it to 4Motion 2 weeks ago and have provisional build date week 48 November given to me today.
Dealer said he ordered a PV early Feb and it was delivered yesterday.
Its all about dealer allocation according to Listers Birmingham.
Yes make sure you know your dealer allocation before entering #TheNationalVWVanDealerLottery

Reactions: Ozi
How on earth do you find out about dealer allocation? They don't exactly advertise it, and I suspect many aren't telling the truth anyway.

Mine is now sitting in our converters compound (Vanworx) awaiting transformation, ordered October. Still undecided whether to splash out on a bottom half wrap/respray....
Spoke too soon, van is here now but there are no pop tops to be had in the country so a long waiting list for that now....... not looking good for a useable van this summer :-(

Fuming! I was told by my dealer that my van was made and on the way to the port 2 weeks ago and am now told I have no build week at all. #TheNationalVWVanDealerLottery.

Last edited:
None of this is good. I currently have two mates who want to buy my van, but I've told them I can't sell until I get a confirmed build date ( in fact, I want to know it's rolling through the factory), I have a provisional build date of 12th July, from the dealership, but when the hell do I put it up for sale? The current S/H price value bubble is surely going to burst at some point, and I want to be at the peak and not the trough of this wave.

Back