T6.1 new order delays

My dealer emailed me yesterday....still no build week atm from March order...been like that for ages now...hope it doesn't get forgotten about! ...I feel like the order has blown off the table and is under someones desk gathering dust! .:(

Reactions: MrT
My dealer emailed me yesterday....still no build week atm from March order...been like that for ages now...hope it doesn't get forgotten about! ...I feel like the order has blown off the table and is under someones desk gathering dust! .:(
I felt like that, but then it things just started moving… It’ll all come together mate.

Noted this with interest @Maxicall, as I ordered mine 21st May. Reading back I see you ordered a Shuttle - do you mind sharing your spec?

Oh, and congrats on your news btw :)
Plan on doing most of the upgrades I want myself, it's a Shuttle 2.0TDI SE, the few things I did add from the factory build are, DSG, Indium Met Paint, Front Fogs, Stereo upgrade with reverse camera. Maybe keeping the factory build short and sweet has helped bring things forward..

Maybe keeping the factory build short and sweet has helped bring things forward..
You could well be right - I've ordered a LWB Kombi with lots of options and I haven't had a sniff of a even provisional build week yet.

It’s up to the dealer when orders are submitted to build. Ask you dealer where you are on the list.

Order was submitted in March when he had available allocation.
My dealer told me that any order without a confirmed build date would be put back until June. The factory would then request orders from the dealer in limited numbers of different models (eg. 5 Caddy’s, 10 Kombi, 15 panel vans etc.)
Like my March order, your order should be near the top of the list. My order is submitted for a January build.
The June date is when they think the backlog will be easing. I think VW are banking on people cancelling due to wait time and price increase, therefore freeing up space.
I would get on to the sales manager as they are the ones who submit orders to find out where you are on the list.

But the crucial point will be whether your dealer actually had build allocations at the time you ordered. If they didn’t and were taking orders beyond their allocation, the date of order has much less relevance.

For example, I ordered the van I now have in Feb 21 and managed to pick up an unallocated order with an existing provisional build date and took delivery end of March 21.

However, the key point is that this replaced an earlier order I’d placed in Sept 20 via another 3rd party dealer, which never got a provional build date (and as it turned out, the VW dealer being used never had factory allocation for) which got cancelled by VW in Feb 21 when they were scaling back manufacture due to COVID. So, I waited almost 6 months for nothing because the first dealer had no allocation.

There are plenty of examples of others who ordered well before my second order in Feb and are still waiting or have only recently taken delivery. So, date of order alone isn’t a good indication of when it will arrive.

The most important thing you need to know is whether your dealer actually had factory allocation at the time you ordered, and which month your specific order was allocated to. Whilst there has been slippage due to microprocessors etc, this will ultimately have far more impact on when you’ll see your van.

Sadly dealers can and do merrily take orders well beyond their allocation sometimes. When they do, they are completely at the mercy of when VW can fit it in to build. This won’t be happy reading for some of you, but it’s the reality of the VW “system” you are dealing with.

Might seem like a daft question but how would you know if the dealer you purchased with had factory allocation at the time of ordering as am sure they won't be very helpful in telling us that.

Is it a case of trusting the dealer in there word that they had the allocation.

Do you know how the allocation works is it for example 10 PV's and 10 Kombi's per month ?

I have phoned a couple dealers locally and put my name down for any cancellations in the off chance.

The only way is to ask. If they have allocation, theres no reason to be shy about telling you when it is. If they can't/wont tell you, you can make your own conclusions. Phone around and you might be surprised at the differing pictures.

As for how allocation works, as i undertsand it its two fold. First VW factory allocate a number to each country, and then that country allocation is shared across dealerships. I dont know the maths, but there isnt much evidence of using underused allocation and reallocating this to other countries or dealers. For example earlier this year the french allocation was under used, but wasn't reallocated by VW to offset the greater than expected UK demand. So french orders were coming through quickly, whilst UK ones just backed up.

My Dealer also said that vans with a lesser spec than mine were coming through slightly quicker and that 4 Motions are taking a lot longer...serves me right I suppose!:rolleyes:

The more toys you have the longer you wait…..!:slow rofl:

I Have on back order a VW Transporter Kombi T32 SWB 2.0 BiTDI 199 Highline DSG 4Motion
2T2T - Deep Black Pearl
PX - Titanium Black/Titanium Black- Palladium/Black
Z0X - Active Lane assist with Side assist
1YA - Differential lock
7K3 - Direct Tyre Pressure Monitoring System
ZEH - Electric tailgate without interior release
KC2 - Electronically controlled front air conditioning system and second heating system in passenger compartment
4A3 - Heated driver and front passenger seats
8W4 - Heated washer nozzles in front and washer fluid level indicator
8G1 - High-beam control
UG5 - Hill start assist/hill descent control
PXE - LED headlamps with LED daytime running lights (Tailgate) with red tail lights
ZIE - Navigation system 'Discover Media' including 'Streaming & Internet'
PT4 - Power sliding doors, left and right
3S4 - Preparation for roof load rack
R27 - Preparation for 'We Connect' and 'We Connect Plus'
3UF - 2-seater bench on the drivers side and individual seat with Easy Entry feature on the passenger side
1D2 - Towbar - removable & lockable (incl. trailer stabilisation)
QR9 - Traffic sign recognition
PAU - Trailer Assist - Including Park Assist, front and rear parking sensors, rear view camera and side protection

Ordered 02/02/21 just been given a provisional allocation build of Feb 22,
there are 2 vans before me though, so am guessing they have December and January allocation,
Big but is if VW don’t have parts to fulfil order you miss the allocation and they build the next in the queue,
Seems every dealer is having a different story to peddle,
If I dont receive by April the increase will be 2%, which is far less painful than the 6% others have been told,
The virtue of patience is soooooooo frustrating :eek:

@Garv...not quite as many toys as you but almost.....How does your dealer know there are two vans in front of yours? Thats the first I've heard of a dealer knowing something more than jack ****. If your dealer has this knowledge then wont all dealers? or maybe they are just not saying for reasons unbeknown to us.:confused: Thats where it becomes annoying and frustrating where dealers are not all singing form the same hymsheet.:mad:..or is it VWHQ...who knows.

@Garv...not quite as many toys as you but almost.....How does your dealer know there are two vans in front of yours? Thats the first I've heard of a dealer knowing something more than jack ****. If your dealer has this knowledge then wont all dealers? or maybe they are just not saying for reasons unbeknown to us.:confused: Thats where it becomes annoying and frustrating where dealers are not all singing form the same hymsheet.:mad:..or is it VWHQ...who knows.
Sorry For the confusion 2 vans being ordered through his dealership of which he is privvy to that info
The allocation from z Germans seems to be 1 specced kombi per month at there dealership as there is 2 kombi orders before me that makes my build hopefully Feb 22 like he said all being well
The original build date was back in June so only VWHQ know why it wasn't back in allocation in July…!
Its all smoke and mirror's the more I read on here and speak to dealership the more puzzling it becomes you have to read between the lines and succumb to the fact it will arrive when it arrives :confused:

It’s so random - my previous build date last week has slipped to April - changing towbar regulation was mentioned…. Disappointing
Great, besides no processors there are issues with towbars too. Wish I'd ticked fewer boxes....

succumb to the fact it will arrive when it arrives
Yep, this is where I am. Ideally mine will be delivered in July next year (ordered beginning of October) but I’m not holding out much hope for that… the longer I wait, the more I’ll have saved for “essentials”!!

It's funny reading the recent posts, as they could have been written 2 months ago, 4 months ago, the same tales with still very little hope for us all.

In other news......my Kombi is out of the factory and on its way! So long suckers! No, sorry.

T32 HL DSG Kombi 150ps, all the toys possible, ordered the start of Jan 21, should finally see it in about 4 weeks. Sheer relief, is the best way I could describe my feelings at the mo.

My van was ordered initially in march and I changed the spec on 23rd June 2021, it is a 4motion and arrived last week. Dealer said I was lucky I only ordered the van with tow bar preparation as all the vans with factory fitted towbars were being delayed. I wanted a fixed towbar instead of the detachable. Really lucky I did or would have been a longer wait!!

My van was ordered initially in march and I changed the spec on 23rd June 2021, it is a 4motion and arrived last week. Dealer said I was lucky I only ordered the van with tow bar preparation as all the vans with factory fitted towbars were being delayed. I wanted a fixed towbar instead of the detachable. Really lucky I did or would have been a longer wait!!
Umm my dealer wanted me to have the full tow pack?

Back