T6.1 MPG

Steve Hales

T6 Guru
Just wondering what people are getting?
I have a T6.1 199bhp dsg and I’m getting around 35-38 mpg and over 500 miles between fill ups, mainly A-roads and motorway driving.

AD52E22A-95BB-4923-B817-406B378D9F56.jpeg

If the MPG is calculated brim to brim (rather than relying on the computer), I would suggest that's not too shabby.

I’m getting about that from the 110bhp. I do drag half a ton of tools and spares around. I’ve just done 2500 miles, so mpg has gone from 36ish to 40 on a good day. Range from a brimmed tank reads 540 miles.

Those figures are great! Hopefully mine will be similar. My van will look similar to yours if that's it in your avatar. Hopefully arriving tomorrow :rolleyes:
What mods have you done / will be doing?
Thanks

Mine is an old photo of the day I swapped my 5.1 (grey) for my 6 (white). I picked up the 6.1 in March, so have been concentrating on the inside, for work stuff. Now that everywhere is opening up again, I will be adding tridents and lowering. I’ve heard rumours of a sportline front spoiler, but not seen it yet. The photos of the 6.1 sportline don’t show the full frontal, so if it looks naff, I’ll go LV. Good luck tomorrow

So, after collecting our new T6.1 at start of lockdown, other than having a chance to have a good look over it and sort a few things out, haven’t actually been anywhere in it.
So, today had to deliver a pair of speakers to someone approx 60 miles from where we live.
so, filled it right up, set everything to Zero, and completed the 120 mile round trip. Mostly A14 which was fairly busy, so was doing anywhere between 50-70mph.
Achieved 36mpg.
So, not having owned a transporter before, is that about what you would expect on a short run?

Sounds about right. The figure you get will be mostly down to your right foot.
What power is the engine ?

Pete

I have achieved between 28 and 58 but my trip 2 average is 30mpg

That sounds very respectable, but if you have very low miles on the van it may even improve slightly as things bed in. I'd be delighted with 36.

Don't believe the on board computer and if your trips include a lot of town driving the average will be low 30's

My 150BHP manual ranges 29 to 40 mpg - the higher can only be achieved by driving modestly on motorways with little on board

Gentle runs on flowing A roads may be slightly higher

Back