T6.1 Heater blowing Hot-Air only

It’s not a full dash out. The lower trims and the gear selector trim need to be removed then access is possible to the servo motors and linkages. Speaking to the VW technicians it is a fiddly job

Hi it could be the control arm or the servo motor. I think there is a fuse for the whole heater control panel and fan but not the individual motors. So I doubt it will be a fuse.

It will be the plastic star shaped spindle bit that sits in the heater flap motor that has snapped. You can remove the motor from underneath by removing the trim under the steering wheel. I have removed mine to fix, but on looking at the motor close up, with the new replacement spindle bit fitted (bought from ebay), you can see the motor trying to move past the stops, which is why it broke in the first place. So replacing the broken star plastic bit, may fix it for a while, but it will snap again. I have connected vcds and ran IDE01546-Adapt door end stops. But it still tries to push past the stops. I'm scratching my head, I don't want to refit it and have it snap again, I'm thinking it may be a faulty HVAC control console sending it dodgy instructions? Attached is photo of the removed motor and the 3d printed replacement plastic star lever about to be installed.

435447506_389773967265036_7261515127671910470_n.jpg

Here a picture of the motor after I removed it with part of the old plastic star bit snapped inside of it. Unfortunately, I didn't take a photo of the other bit attached to the linkage, and after I prized it off, it fell down into the abyss.

436826381_2375355635982304_4487788048298829093_n.jpg

Brilliant - once i get some time i'll take out the motor and perhaps send an image and try to order the correct part. Thanks for the responses. Steve

Hi can someone help me to find a climate flap position motor for a T6? I believe mine is faulty/siezed it is responding to full dial movements with arounds 4mm of travel which i believe is not correct and could be the cause of the issue. All the linkage seems correct. By working the linkage manually we get full climate control. I found a motor for a T5 which looks similar however i doubting this will work on the T6 too? :D

Two years on from when I started this thread , I think mine has broke yet again. Not under warranty now but if I can get it done I will. They did say they'll cover it if it ever did go again but I've not got this in writing

Back