T6.1 Head Unit screen failing - repair or go aftermarket?

JimDavey

My HU has failed, the screen appears to have stopped working all together. It still lets me plat radio, plus source in via USB C sockets etc and retains all functionality , I just can see any of it ir interact which is far from ideal.
The unit has never been great to be honest.
The van is just out of warently and I could really use a steer / advice of the best way forwards. Would this be to get the unit repaired or to upgrade ?

Im pretty new to this so have no idea whether a replacement unit would still show all of the vehicle errors, updates and data etc ?
I am keen that it does.

Also recognise that the original unit sounded pretty poor to my ears and was glitchy from the outset.
Any and all advice gratefully received, Thanks in advance,

James

My HU has failed, the screen appears to have stopped working all together. It still lets me plat radio, plus source in via USB C sockets etc and retains all functionality , I just can see any of it ir interact which is far from ideal.
The van is just out of warently and I could really use a steer / advice of the best way forwards. Would this be to get the unit repaired or to upgrade ?

Im pretty new to this so have no idea whether a replacement unit would still show all of the vehicle errors, updates and data etc ?
I am keen that it does.

Also recognise that the original unit sounded pretty poor to my ears and was glitchy from the outset.

James
Hiya

We are now seeing 6.1 units failing quite regularly, some have been successful getting a contribution from VW

I’ve had the basic one and discovery media and both have had glitches in 6.1s

The most popular replacement giving great sounds have been the Alpine 905, retaining , operation of vehicles settings from the touch screen, others install them and this setting is moved to the steering wheel, factory camera, parking sensors, SOS retention and the USB c sockets

Drop us a pm or call for more information

I am keen that it does.

James

Did you ever mention the past issues with the dealer? If it's just out of warranty you might get some goodwill from VW if you've mention previous issues.

Did you ever mention the past issues with the dealer? If it's just out of warranty you might get some goodwill from VW if you've mention previous issues.
Alas I did not , it all rather daiaspointing to be honest. Thanks for the reply though

Alas I did not , it all rather daiaspointing to be honest. Thanks for the reply though
Do they know about it at the moment? Or did you come here before talking to them?

If they dont know then take out an all in plan and leave it a little while :whistle::slow rofl::grin bounce:

Also is your software up to date?

I am having issues with mine and my dealer under All in plan has said that until the software is updated they cannot exclude or replace the head unit/SOS unit however they want to charge me a few hours labour circa £300 for the privelege of updating the software.

Back