Head unit ‘loading user profile’

Keebz91

I didn’t use my T6.1 for around 6 weeks, since then- 90% of the time the head unit gets stuck on the ‘loading user profile’ screen indefinitely. The side touch buttons still work to switch between CarPlay and Radio etc. but the display remains useless. This has been the case for around a month now with a dozen or so journeys over that time.

Has anyone else had this issue and been able to resolve it? Or perhaps someone can recommend how to stop this from happening?

TIA

Software update to remedy the fault, long press on the On/off button should remedy for mean time.. but needs an update to the 5F software.

This is happening to mine started last week.
Just phoned vw and asked could I book it in they told me nothing until May 9th.
I told them apparently it needs an update to 5f firmware and he said that if thats the case it wont be covered in the all in warranty??
Is this correct?
He also couldn't give me a price until it was looked at.
Dies anyone know how much it would cost or is there anywhere else that could do it?
Thanks

Mine is now doing the same. Software update is the answer?
I have the Virtual cockpit retrofitted by Leightons will a software update cause me an issue with that?

I told them apparently it needs an update to 5f firmware and he said that if thats the case it wont be covered in the all in warranty??
Is this correct?
I would double check that with the VW Warranty team as I can't see anything that would exclude it in a quick read. If you look in the terms and conditions they list a contact number for EU claims.

Mine is now doing the same. Software update is the answer?
I have the Virtual cockpit retrofitted by Leightons will a software update cause me an issue with that?
There is a general risk that if things have been retrofitted with coding then that coding may be lost as if the electronics are reset they will be reset to the state that VW's systems have them recorded - so generally factory condition.

There is a general risk that if things have been retrofitted with coding then that coding may be lost as if the electronics are reset they will be reset to the state that VW's systems have them recorded - so generally factory condition.
Does that mean if they tried to install rear fader and couldn't something might have changed?
Strange tho as they tried about May last year.
If it has would VW try and say its my fault?

Does that mean if they tried to install rear fader and couldn't something might have changed?
Strange tho as they tried about May last year.
If it has would VW try and say its my fault?
Who is "they"?

That’s a bloody nightmare! How the hell do you get around that then?!

They are the converters sorry..
They tried coding them in but couldn't.
If the converters have been tinkering then it's more of a grey area. In general a warranty isn't invalidated if you make changes in areas that couldn't have an impact, but if the converters could potentially have caused the fault you are asking VW to investigate and fix under warranty then that's a different situation.

That’s a bloody nightmare! How the hell do you get around that then?!
Option 1, don't let VW upgrade or reset the electronics
Option 2, reapply the coding that has been reverted

This is the risk with all after market coding, hopefully that was explained by the folks that did it if it was done commercially .

Yeah well as the entertainment system is freezing on “uploading profile” everytime I don’t think I have an option.

Back