T6.1 halogen headlight bulb fitment

Jago13

Hi - first post so don’t bite please :).

Looking to upgrade my halogen bulbs to led (want cool white all round) but struggling to find the fitment specific to the 6.1.

Seen a few posts for the 6’s but I’m not sure they’re the same as the .1’s.

The DRL’s seem to be combined with the high beam in one bulb which for the 6 shows two different bulbs so I’m thinking they’re different

Can someone help me out?

I’ll need the DRL’s, side lights, dipped, high beam and cornering light fitments please.

Will happily accept recommendations on LED brands too!

Thanks!

It wont be legal. Unless you have the levelling and water wash system installed. Halogen reflectors or even halogen refractors are not what is best for LED. You will probably end up blinding people and may receive antagonistic counter flashes. What lamps do you have at the moment? There has been plenty of discussion on forum about headlamps. Some have changed from H4 to H7 and found an improvement.

It wont be legal. Unless you have the levelling and water wash system installed. Halogen reflectors or even halogen refractors are not what is best for LED. You will probably end up blinding people and may receive antagonistic counter flashes. What lamps do you have at the moment? There has been plenty of discussion on forum about headlamps. Some have changed from H4 to H7 and found an improvement.

I’ve looked into this and led bulbs are available with H7 fitting but they’re all marked as ‘styling’ and not road legal. I came to the conclusion that the only upgrade I could use would be the likes of Osram Night Breakers which claim to be 150% brighter than standard H7’s. Hopefully there will aftermarket led headlamp units available at some point.

I’ve looked into this and led bulbs are available with H7 fitting but they’re all marked as ‘styling’ and not road legal. I came to the conclusion that the only upgrade I could use would be the likes of Osram Night Breakers which claim to be 150% brighter than standard H7’s. Hopefully there will aftermarket led headlamp units available at some point.

150% brighter lamps would have the same issues of dazzling other drivers no?
I’m not really after brighter lights, I just want them to be white - as was shown on the vw website when building . Can’t stand the yellow from halogens.

I’m not really after brighter lights, I just want them to be white - as was shown on the vw website when building . Can’t stand the yellow from halogens.
I suppose the difference is the halogen ones are road legal. I’m talking about these. Of course any headlight that isn’t adjusted properly can dazzle, or if the vehicle is loaded heavy in the rear and the headlights not adjusted will dazzle.

Not really no. The problems come from using LEDs or HIDs in housings that were designed for halogens. As soon as you move the light source position in relation to the reflector, the light will not project as it was designed to, therefore scatter and potentially dazzle. If you replace halogen with halogen, you'll retain the same beam pattern that the headlight was designed to produce.

If you do choose to replace your halogen bulbs, you'll probably be disappointed with them. Even the claimed whitest of white still appear yellow. Just a little bit less so. Some of the ones with blue coatings as appear quite white, but at the expense of reduced performance and life span. Halogens have had there day and VW really didn't ought to be knocking out bloody expensive vehicles with piss poor, out dated headlights.

Back