THQ V3 Bulb adjustment

993porky

T6 Pro
Hi everyone I have recently fitted THQ V3 headlights and really pleased but I’m not sure everything is right as when I have lights on I seem to think they are bouncing, it’s when in traffic jam an nudging along behind other vehicles I always think when looking at vehicle in front of me that my bulb pattern/beam seems to be bouncing up and down on the vehicle in front also I’m not sure if bulbs need twisting turning to alter pattern, any help would be appreciated the bulbs are THQ led ones
Hopefully you can understand what I’m trying to write
Thanks
Paul

IMG_4196.jpeg

IMG_4195.jpeg

Had this in mine when I got them. Never noticed when fitting only after. Turned out the projector had come out of the adjuster. Easy fix but bumper off and light out job unfortunately.

Ditch the bulbs and fit a HID kit.....i did this recently and the lighting and beam cut off is so much better.

Take a look here...

Just fitted mine this week.

Not noticed any bouncing.

What bulbs you using?

@B.different thanks for reply which bit is the projector and is it one of them jobs that once I have headlight in hand I will notice the problem which will be unmissable once looking at it?
thanks
Paul

It's the part where the bulb goes in. There should be 3 legs like the one in the picture that comes from the light housing to the bulb holder. One of mine was not clipped in to it's cup so had the same light bouncing and not level like yours. It's a 2min job with a couple of long picks. HTH

Screenshot_20231210_132047_Google.jpg

done the bulbs upgrade myself the other day . . .

1702218214748.png1702218228534.png1702218240017.png1702218255900.png

done the bulbs upgrade myself the other day . . .

View attachment 222287View attachment 222288View attachment 222289View attachment 222290
I’m waiting until I’ve got more time.
When the bumper is off I’m fitting fog lights into it and DRLs also.
Makes sense waiting and fitting the lot at the same time when the bumper is off.

maybe,

once you have had the bumper off, and sussed it all out the first time. - you can whip if off & on in five mins.

getting the bulbs done now may leave you more time to sort out your fogs.

maybe,

once you have had the bumper off, and sussed it all out the first time. - you can whip if off & on in five mins.

getting the bulbs done now may leave you more time to sort out your fogs.
Yeh I intend to fit the bulbs before I fit the headlights.
Any idea on how to remove the plastic around the handbrake by any chance?
Sorry for the highjack
I’m fitting my drivers seat swivel plate and need to remove the handbrake and lower it but can’t get the plastic off and I don’t want to break it.
Cheers

yeh, that easy. ( just a flat blade screwdriver to lift the tab)

done it on my Bus (other van - the camper)

we had all that apart for the seat swivel plate fitting:

see here:

1702224834685.png

the KIRAVANS video helped out.

1702225124504.png

@Dellmassive only had bumper off once to fit headlights and seemed easy enough,so do you think best and easiest to remove bumper rather than trying to fit bulbs while headlights fitted to van
thanks
Paul

i physically could not fit the bulbs without removing it.

That’s exactly what I’m thinking very awkward to change the bulbs think it’s bumper off job

You can do it, I done it last week, it is awkward but if youve got small hands like myself it can be done

Back