T6.1 H15 LED bulbs not working

Pedro20001

Auto assembly technician
VIP Member
T6 Guru
Hi all, I've just purchased a set from xenonsonline as recommended and when I installed the rhs bulb it throws an error code and doesn't light up. Has anyone come across this? I cleared codes with carista but they return. I have only installed 1 bulb not both but didn't presume this would affect it? There is no main bean either. Thanks in advance

Can you turn the connector around?

Most LEDs are polarity sensitive.

You might need the swap the wire cores round?

Got some pics?

Hi dell, I'll post some later when it stops raining. I can't turn the connector round as they are on the bulb the same as a standard h15 halogen bulb. It's wierd, I have had a few issues with my t6.1. I have gone through 2 sets of led number plate bulbs from travelinlite. They start flickering after a while then fail. I turn off bulb errors using carista but they still throw the occasional code.

Ok just tried these in mine and absolutely nothing, no output on high or low and the error message on the dash as above with Pedro. Tried both bulbs on the one side and same result. No other way to fit them, so that’s a refund from @xenonsonline I’ll be after shortly.

It’s a nice kit but clearly some issue with it in this application. Dubious about the other post I saw now where they’d been installed and working!

381C74B8-0C63-4EB7-B76B-4BFFD5487CE4.jpeg

D5FBD88C-B127-4418-9612-4FDD73DEE6BD.jpeg

F2CF76A0-E377-4F89-BAA9-98692C4DA697.jpeg

As you can see from the above, there’s only one way the plug / connections can fit together so i don’t think it’s that.

Tried out of the lamp as well as same result.

That's exactly where I am at. Bloody annoying to be honest. When I read that people have no problems etc on the reviews I was initially hopeful but now a bit sceptical. Looks like we're stuck with eitherosram night breakers or transporter hq headlamp swaps. I'm esging towards the later, funds allowing and stock availability.

I’ve already got the Osrams in both bulbs, +200% in the main beam which are actually really good, the DRL are still just too yellow and there’s nothing else that’s any whiter I’ve tried a few…. The full beam isn’t also that much better than just the main beam on its own which again, was hoping theSe would get around.

I’m not convinced on the THQ lights yet, not sure I like the look of either version so I’ll make do with the bulbs for now and see what comes up.

Did you get any further with your set?

I’m still sat on mine, continually chasing Xenonsonline for a response now.

Last communication was this…

I replied to your email explaining how it's a polarity issue and the loom would resolve your issue. I understand your friend is also having the same issue but we also have 100s of customers using the same bulb with the same vehicle without issue.

The returns address is below of you still wish to return them for a refund.

Regards
XenonsOnline

I had nothing initially, but thought this sounded promising, but now I’m struggling to get a reply again (this is only email I’ve had). If there is a “loom” that fixes this, I’m all for it, but nothing on the site to show this and there’s no mention of it anywhere else.

Keen to hear how you’ve got on and whether you did anything else in the end?

Hi mate, I sent them back, waiting on a refund. I've had the review questionnaire through but will complete when I get my money back. I personally don't think its a polarity issue but don't mind being proven wrong!

Ok for closure on this thread as someone else is bound to look at in the future and wonder what’s what….. long and short, they now work. Communication and the way Xenonsonline talk to there customers is appalling, and definitely can’t recommend, however, the lights now work.

To get to this stage, you need to purchase an additional wiring loom, which is not mentioned anywhere in the advert. I was eventually sent a link to a loom, with zero description, zero instructions or wiring detail, just a page and a product. It was another £5 or so I think, for the sake of trying it I thought worthwhile rather than paying to return the bulbs.

After messing about for a while, with connections in different configurations, it’s working. No errors on the dash, drl and sides working as they should and then full beam. Can’t comment on performance as yet as it’s not dark and I’ve not yet used them.

They are also the whitest light I’ve found which is what was expected, so providing they last and no further issues. Chapter closed. Will try and get some images added for info.

Glad you finally got there. I got a refund, going for transporter hq headlamps when they come back in stock , hopefully soon

Glad you finally got there. I got a refund, going for transporter hq headlamps when they come back in stock , hopefully soon
Hey Pedro, have you got the T HQ headlights yet? Are you getting the whole headlight or just the bulbs?
I'm keen to hear some real world feedback on their headlights.
Cheers

Hi , yes I've had the headlamps for about 6 weeks now. Very happy so far with them. I went for the black version but put my own bulbs in

Cool. They're a big investment from Australia so I really want to be sure they're worth it.
Thanks.

Back