H15 led bulbs on a t6.1

Pedro20001

Auto assembly technician
VIP Member
T6 Guru
Hi all, I've replaced my main beam bulbs with some h15 leds from amazon and they don't do a thing. Error message pops up, which carista can get rid of I'm sure. I've tested the bulbs straight to a battery and they work just fine. Any ideas or recommendations please. I replaced my dip beam with some h7 leds and they are great, no error messages and the beam set off is fine. Thanks in advance

I went for transporter hq headlamps in the end , very happy so far

I just bought a pair of H15 from the brand D-Lumia from Amazon which said canbus error free. This was my third set of trying as none of them worked but i could all send them back from the cheapest set to a pair of €170,- none of them worked. Since i could not return this Amazon ones i started fooling around as in the car they only came up as error and nothing was working, so i wondered since it’s an LED which is a diode i tool the plug out of the headlight measured which pin was what and found out you need to swap the 2 outside cabels on the connector and then they work fine with no errors. I was almost giving up and looking into ordering original headlight units so this saved me about 1500 now. Basically if you want to check before f***ing around with the cables just bend the middle pin on your LED light a little backwards so it comes closer to the backside pin turn your lights on and plug the bulb in the connector basically you put your LED in backwards on the plug if the light works just open the connector swap the 2 outside wires from place bend the pin on your LED back to original and tadaaaa ot works

I just bought a pair of H15 from the brand D-Lumia from Amazon which said canbus error free. This was my third set of trying as none of them worked but i could all send them back from the cheapest set to a pair of €170,- none of them worked. Since i could not return this Amazon ones i started fooling around as in the car they only came up as error and nothing was working, so i wondered since it’s an LED which is a diode i tool the plug out of the headlight measured which pin was what and found out you need to swap the 2 outside cabels on the connector and then they work fine with no errors. I was almost giving up and looking into ordering original headlight units so this saved me about 1500 now. Basically if you want to check before f***ing around with the cables just bend the middle pin on your LED light a little backwards so it comes closer to the backside pin turn your lights on and plug the bulb in the connector basically you put your LED in backwards on the plug if the light works just open the connector swap the 2 outside wires from place bend the pin on your LED back to original and tadaaaa ot works
hello and thank you for your help
could you please take some pictures to explain what you did to make it work? I think I understand but before tampering with the wires I prefer to be sure!
Do you confirm that it still works well?

@cguncha@ @poulain34 so far they still work fine, i didn’t make any pictures yet, next time when i open them i’ll try but this is so simple you cannot mess it up. Take out the H15 connector from inside the headlight unit, there are only 3 wires now swap the outer 2 wires from place 1 to 3 and vice versa just don’t move the middle wire thats it

@cguncha@ @poulain34 hasta ahora todavía funcionan bien, no hice ninguna foto todavía, la próxima vez que las abra lo intentaré, pero Esto es tan simple que no puedes estropearlo. Saque el conector H15 del interior de la unidad del faro, solo hay 3 cables, ahora cambie los 2 cables exteriores del lugar 1 al 3 y viceversa, pero no mueva el cable del medio, eso es todo.

@cguncha@ @poulain34 hasta ahora todavía funcionan bien, no hice ninguna foto todavía, la próxima vez que las abra lo intentaré, pero Esto es tan simple que no puedes estropearlo. Saque el conector H15 del interior de la unidad del faro, solo hay 3 cables, ahora cambie los 2 cables exteriores del lugar 1 al 3 y viceversa, pero no mueva el cable del medio, eso es todo.
Muchas gracias, tengo un juego de LED Osram H15, los probaré primero, si no funciona, pediré un juego de D-lumia

Back