T6.1 driver seat base electrics

Drebin

Hi all, so I'm looking at locating my leisure battery and dc to dc under my drivers seat but I seem to have a few extra boxes under it currently. I think the two boxes on the left nearest the handbrake are possible the towbar prep thingy and auto headlight dodad. Not sure what the white and pink connector is, that seems to come from the floor and then back down to the floor.

Firstly just asking to confirm what they are and secondenly has anyone moved them to fit in the battery?

Many thanks

Yes your right that is the trailer control unit and the LED headlight range control unit
They can both be removed from the plastic bracket to save on space but if i remember correctly the bracket is screwed to the seat base from underneath so you may need to remove the seat base to get the screws out or chop the bracket off
As long as the control units stay plugged in you can do pretty much do what you want with them like them to save some space

Yes your right that is the trailer control unit and the LED headlight range control unit
They can both be removed from the plastic bracket to save on space but if i remember correctly the bracket is screwed to the seat base from underneath so you may need to remove the seat base to get the screws out or chop the bracket off
As long as the control units stay plugged in you can do pretty much do what you want with them like them to save some space
Thanks @Pauly do you know what the white/pink box is? Think the little grey connector is something to do with the dab maybe?

If your referring to the white connector in the middle its just a coupling point, its the meeting point between two different van looms

I'm also trying to figure out what this grey and purple connector is (MY21 T6.1 Caravelle Exec) it seems to be coax so my thoughts are either the rear camera feed or possibly an antenna feed up to the T6.1 roof top antenna system?

20230711_094753.jpg

@Pauly when you say "stay plugged in" do you mean so long as everything is plugged back together when they have been moved with ignition off they will be fine or that you must not unplug them at all?

Both of my seat bases have quite the tangle of wires and kit, and I'm chasing a rattle, I'm convinced that they would sit better if some were less tangled but with electrics that sometimes never sleep I don't want to go blundering about.

You are ok to unplug everything under there just don’t turn the ignition on while things are unplugged, worst case if you log a fault you will need some like Carista (£25 Amazon) to clear them with
If you want to be double safe you can disconnect the battery while messing with it just be aware the van will have a hissy fit when you reconnect the battery until you drive it or rotate the steering lock to lock to pacify it

just be aware the van will have a hissy fit

It's already quite judgemental about my driving what with "you need to take a break!", "you're too close to everything in this narrow Devon lane!", "Look, a leaf fell in front of us, emergency brake!", "the doors are open and the ignitition is on, oh the horror!" alerts - I think I'll try and avoid a full blown hissy fit... :thumbsup:

Back