Roamer 230 under seat

Shadrack

VIP Member
Hi
Looking for a bit of help with the leisure battery upgrade. I have recently fitted solar on 2016 T6 also installed Victron dc-dc 12-12 30 under Passenger seat.
I am not sure which way to go regards lithium upgrade.
I had thought two Renogy 100’s as basically a swap out with not a great deal of tweaking to do.
After reading many threads here it seems the Roamer underseat battery is quite highly thought of. Especially the warranty and after sales.

my thought is the only place I could put that is under the drivers seat. How easy is it to fish a couple of cables from the passenger seat to the drivers seat? If it’s do-able, what size do you think should they be. 6awg?
If I went this route I could fit my 1kw inverter under the freed up space of the agm under the passenger seat.

Any help or suggestions greatly appreciated. Thanks

Last edited:
That's how I have it... Roamer seatbase battery under drivers seat....

Then a fused fat beefy cable running under the carpet to the passenger seat base, thats where the dc-dc charger and inverter is.

A 1kw inverter will pull 100A under load, so you need beefy cable.

Check out the Roamer battery's here:

heres my roamer:

and other seat base installs:

That's how I have it... Roamer seatbase battery under drivers seat....

Then a fused fat beefy cable running under the carpet to the passenger seat base, thats where the dc-dc charger and inverter is.

A 1kw inverter will pull 100A under load, so you need beefy cable.

Wow, thanks for quick reply and info, that’s pretty fat cable, but I understand the reasons so it makes sense. It’s not got far to go to the passenger seat and hopefully I can get my 1000w inverter in there.
I assume not to much of an issue getting the cables under the carpet between the seats?
(Or just live cable and I make a chassis earth under the drivers seat)?

Thank you for other posts too.

I will put a breaker with the battery as well as a isolating switch.

I am going to be left with a couple of clamp connectors under the passenger seat that connected to the AGM batter terminals. Has anyone come across a connector that could utilise the +ve clamp or would perhaps an insulated bus bar be the answer.

I have read thru a few posts here now including many of yours Dellmassive, really helpful. Gives me loads of confidence to get stuck in. i enjoy such projects probably more than the benefits when completed.
A bit more research for now but I think the order may go in, can I be cheeky and ask if any discount codes to be had at Roamer?

Thanks again Dellmassive

heres my roamer:

and other seat base installs:

Wow. More replies, thank you, thank you.
I will give them a read now…

Yes, use a Chassis NEG under seat.

Either seat bolt, or dedicated ground stud under carpet.

Getting between the seats was easy, I used a rod to push between the seat bases, the pulled the cable through. On my van I used 20mm flexible plastic conduit to protect the cable under the carpet..

I used a busbar for the POS connections.

Well actually I used a MIDI fuse box as a busbar....under the passenger seat.

That enabled me to connect the inverter, dc-dc charger, solar charger etc etc to battery that was in the other seatbase.

More good stuff here:

Yes, use a Chassis NEG under seat.

Either seat bolt, or dedicated ground stud under carpet.

Getting between the seats was easy, I used a rod to push between the seat bases, the pulled the cable through. On my van I used 20mm flexible plastic conduit to protect the cable under the carpet..

I used a busbar for the POS connections.

Well actually I used a MIDI fuse box as a busbar....under the passenger seat.

That enabled me to connect the inverter, dc-dc charger, solar charger etc etc to battery that was in the other seatbase.
Hi Dell
Thank you for all the links. So much really helpful to me. Think my brain is a bit fried at moment. very big thank you for the pointers, links and to all that have contributed To the links.

I have another question after all the reading. Earlier I decided to take the new lithium neg straight to earth under the seat. If I do this will I not bypass the shunt? Should I connect new battery leads including the neg to the original battery connections?

Back