Under drivers seat battery install - securing accessories

doningtonphil

VIP Member
Hello
I have seen lots and lots of photos of all of the components fitting into the under driver's seat space, bu tit is not particularly clear how they are secured.

I have seen the kiravans accessory bracket Accessory Holder Brackets for Under Seat VW T5/T6 which creates a 'wall' adjacent to the battery to mount the accessories on. I would like to get this wall tighter to the battery to give a bit more room at the front for the consumer unti. WHat other methods have you come up with to provide a secure mounting point for the other items - I am looking at Consumer Unit and victron orion

I look forward to hearing/seeing your solutions

Phil

I have the Kiravans brackets but haven’t fitted them yet.
Couldn’t you just use angle brackets to mount the board to if you want more room?

IMG_3547.jpeg

I think a couple of L angle iron across the top and the bottom mounted on to the top and bottom flange would work with no visible mountings on the seat base sides?

Buy a plate from VW that fits under the engine battery and modify it to fit under the driver's seat base. That way you can secure the battery with the same type of clamping plate that is used for the engine battery. I've fitted a couple like that without any problem and they are 100% secure.

some ideas here:

I added a panel secured to the side of the seat base. Plenty of holes there to use

20231203_160353.jpg

20231209_182012.jpg

Back