T6.1 Clock retrofit?

Quite a few have done it on Golf R 7.5 virtual cockpit into a 7R. Lots about the electronics and coding on the VWROC forum.

Golf 7 & 7.5 dashes are the same shape. Geneva photos of the T6.1 looked like the dash itself was a different shape though.

Last edited:
Does anyone have the pinout (blue 32 pin connector) for the cockpit cluster? I am trying to upgrade my T6 to a virtual cockpit

Does anyone have the pinout (blue 32 pin connector) for the cockpit cluster? I am trying to upgrade my T6 to a virtual cockpit
I don’t think there is a pinout out as such, you would need to look at the circuit diagrams and trace each one out.

Its looking like the 6.1 panel van has no option for LED dash, only Cali's.

This is true. And it was the main reason I was preparing to upgrade my 2013 T5. But as LED dash isn't an option (why not?!) I think I'll keep my T5 for another few years and wait for the T7.

It's still in good condition and has done 56k miles which is probably nothing for a van.

Quite a few have done it on Golf R 7.5 virtual cockpit into a 7R. Lots about the electronics and coding on the VWROC forum.

Golf 7 & 7.5 dashes are the same shape. Geneva photos of the T6.1 looked like the dash itself was a different shape though.
The dash is the same as a T Roc and Polo 2g, I have 2 of those and try to fix it

this is T6
That type of connector and pinout existing from 2010

He is looking T6.1 virtual cluster ...
forT6.1 he can use any MQB pinout as they are this same and work only with MQB platforms

Come on lad, you've had 48 hours. Is it done yet ?
done what ..... run cluster on the bench ?
MQB cluster need 4 wires to run......, and total wires in car is 10.
it will take longer .... because he dont understand the different between MQB and PQ

Back