T6.1 CarPlay, adjust microphone sensitivity

AK06FR

VIP Member
T6 Guru
My T6.1 has the VW Discover Media 8" fitted. When I'm making calls via CarPlay (wired or wireless) I find myself having to shout so I can be heard. It's not using the iPhone mic and it picks up Siri voice commands perfectly. I've searched through the settings on my iPhone (Xr) and Discover Media unit and I can't find any settings to adjust. I have a few more things to try, such as bluetooth call and a different iPhone model (tomorrows excitement).

Any solutions or things to try would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

Evening All,

I posted the question above back in April regarding the microphone audio level on my 6.1. I still haven't found a solution and I've been busy with work / travelling and not had time to get it back to the French VW dealership. Since I originally posted the question I've tried all combinations, wired, wireless and Bluetooth and different phones without any luck.

A little more history on the issue that might (or might not) be related. The day after I picked up my new 6.1 (Jan 2020) the Discover Media bricked itself and was replaced under warranty. I'm wondering when replaced the head unit they didn't set something up correctly?

Or maybe there are VCDS settings to adjust the mic level??

Now there are more 6.1's users out there I was wondering if anyone else has had similar issues or can recommend a solution?

Thanks in advance,

Adam

Evening All,

I posted the question above back in April regarding the microphone audio level on my 6.1. I still haven't found a solution and I've been busy with work / travelling and not had time to get it back to the French VW dealership. Since I originally posted the question I've tried all combinations, wired, wireless and Bluetooth and different phones without any luck.

A little more history on the issue that might (or might not) be related. The day after I picked up my new 6.1 (Jan 2020) the Discover Media bricked itself and was replaced under warranty. I'm wondering when replaced the head unit they didn't set something up correctly?

Or maybe there are VCDS settings to adjust the mic level??

Now there are more 6.1's users out there I was wondering if anyone else has had similar issues or can recommend a solution?

Thanks in advance,

Adam
I also have the same setup as you and can confirm you have to raise your voice considerably at times

Thanks for the feedback. Its very annoying having to shout when making calls and I'm sure people can hear me outside !!

I did find this video on youtube for changing the settings via VCDS:-

it would be interesting to know if there is an option to do this with the Discover Media head unit.

Any advice VCDS gurus ??

Back