New T6.1-hands free too quiet

Scruffy

VIP Member
T6 Legend
Just picked up my new T6.1 Kombi, with the standard HU. My first phone call to my wife, and it was too quiet, certainly too quiet when driving. Are there any settings in either the HU or my phone ( iphone 12 ) that I can adjust? I put the volume up to full whilst in a call but no good.

When on a call the radio volume knob control s in the incall volume.

And the phone will have its own Bluetooth volume .

So try a call again,

Then turn phone volume to full,

Then start turning up radio volume.

Phone volume is a green bar on my radio..... Not sure if yours is same?

I find that the phone volume is quiet on Bluetooth even with everything turned up but fine on carplay.

Not sure if it's the same as my T6, but somewhere in the HU settings there was on option to turn up phonecalls, I think it had low, medium, high settings. I'll try and look later when I'm back in the van.

Edit: just checked - setup>sound>volume down at the bottom is “BT audio”. If you have it try putting it to “loud”.

Last edited:
When the phone first connects ensure the phones bluetooth volume is increased (vol+ button on my phone). That's what fixed it for me.

Galaxy s21 ultra, T6.1 with latest stereo firmware

I have a T6 and assuming T6 and T6.1 systems are similar;
Press the menu button then scroll across to Sounds. Under Sounds, you'll find Volume - go into this then you should see Bluetooth Volume which gives you three levels.
Hope this helps

Wot? There’s a firmware patch that mutes SWMBO?!! Where can I get that?!!

I’ve got a 6.1 composition colour and can’t find a Bluetooth volume setting anywhere. Although not too bothered as i use car play most of the time and that’s fine.

Just picked up my new T6.1 Kombi, with the standard HU. My first phone call to my wife, and it was too quiet, certainly too quiet when driving. Are there any settings in either the HU or my phone ( iphone 12 ) that I can adjust? I put the volume up to full whilst in a call but no good.
Hi, mine is exactly the same have you fixed this? Thanks

I’ve not found a fix on Bluetooth but if you’ve got an iPhone and use car play it’s fine.

I found I had to turn the volume on the phone up to max first, but again the Carplay is better, but both aren't great compared to my last van; and yes my van is now fully insulated with a bulkhead.

Back