T6.1 Caravelle grille - chrome trim removal

LakesT6

Caravelle Exec 150 DSG
T6 Guru
Morning all.

I’m looking to buy a gloss black grille and the lower gloss black trims for a 6.1 Caravelle. I’m trying to work out if I can take the chrome pieces off the original Caravelle grille and fit them to a gloss black badged grille from THQ/Leighton, before I push the buy button. -Also the same for the lower chrome trim onto the new dog bone. I know the chrome isn’t for everyone but I’d like to keep it as it’s dotted around the Vel.

Cheers.

592A7F74-97C1-4018-8CFE-418240A292A1.jpeg

I haven’t, yet. I’d expect a more useful answer to come through the forum rather than one of the parts suppliers.

Have you had a look at the back of the bumper to see if it has the retaining tabs for the chrome inserts? I tried removing the chrome covers on my T6 Shuttle but couldnt get all the clips off so its probably a bumper off job..

As far as I know the chrome trims clip off, that’s no issue because the bumper will be coming off anyway to remove the grille.

Looking at the THQ site, their gloss black upper and lower grilles appear to be all one piece, with no separate clip in trims. It's unlikely that you'll be able to swap your chrome onto one.

As I see it, your only option is to strip your current one and have it painted, then reattach the trims. That's only possible if you can do without the van for a couple of days whilst the job gets done.

The gloss grilles all have removable trims. You can mix and match any of them.

I put a OE chrome and aftermarket red on my gloss grille.

5C53F53F-63A8-43B8-99F5-BEEE461E5792.jpeg

Morning all.

I’m looking to buy a gloss black grille and the lower gloss black trims for a 6.1 Caravelle. I’m trying to work out if I can take the chrome pieces off the original Caravelle grille and fit them to a gloss black badged grille from THQ/Leighton, before I push the buy button. -Also the same for the lower chrome trim onto the new dog bone. I know the chrome isn’t for everyone but I’d like to keep it as it’s dotted around the Vel.

Cheers.

View attachment 138686
Hi LakesT6 did you ever get you grille done. I am thinking about getting it sprayed and wrapping one of the chrome pieces red

The gloss grilles all have removable trims. You can mix and match any of them.

I put a OE chrome and aftermarket red on my gloss grille.

View attachment 138719
Hi mate, so did you replace your grille and if so who did you use. I have read so many threads where people found after market poor fitting or bad quality.

Hi LakesT6 did you ever get you grille done. I am thinking about getting it sprayed and wrapping one of the chrome pieces red
I left it standard in the end. My thinking was that if I got the grille done gloss black, then were would it end. There’s a lot of chrome on the Exec so decided to keep it OEM looking.

Back