T5 and T6 seat differences?

No, TPS don’t. Their website is nigh on useless in that respect.

You either provide them with your VIN or with the part numbers. If they don’t stock the part and have to ship it in, you’ll be expected to buy it, regardless of whether you need it or not.

Some people have said that they have recently stopped selling to the public.
If, like me, you end up spending a few hundred with them, then they’ll probably look past that.

I bought the t5 single seat and sent both seats of for retrim.
Do any of you fine gentleman have part numbers for passenger plastics,
any help would be grateful

For anyone else that needs these...

T5 drivers’ seat:
Left 7H7881317 F (with recliner, lumbar and seatbelt cut-outs)
Right 7H7881318 E
Front 7H7881319 B
Rear 7H7881320 A

T5 passenger captains’ seat:
Left 7H7881317 E
Right 7H7881318 F (with recliner, lumbar and seatbelt cut-outs)
Front 7H7881319 B
Rear 7H7881320 A

So it appears the letter denotes the side. But looking at them, the E versions would probably work on the inside with simple modifications to allow the recliner knobs and seat belt to fit.

T5 drivers’ seat:
Right 7H7881318 E
Front 7H7881319 B
Rear 7H7881320 A

Left 7H7881317 E
Front 7H7881319 B
Rear 7H7881320 A

So it appears the letter denotes the side. But looking at them, the E versions would probably work on the inside with simple modifications to allow the recliner knobs and seat belt to fit.

I don’t suppose you have these for the T6? My 2nd hand single passenger seat has left and right plastic trims but none on the back (me thinks from a PV with bulkhead) I’ve got the lower one but not the one that is in line with the side trims. Its been suggested the sides will need changing too!

Regards
Ian

E2FBB262-4F1D-4B9C-AE3D-2D76C6FCF17C.jpeg

I don’t suppose you have these for the T6?
I’m afraid not.

Google 7E7881320A (or change the E letter for whatever the letter is that your current seat plastics have there) and you may find the part you need. Alternatively try TPS.

I don’t suppose you have these for the T6? My 2nd hand single passenger seat has left and right plastic trims but none on the back (me thinks from a PV with bulkhead) I’ve got the lower one but not the one that is in line with the side trims. Its been suggested the sides will need changing too!

Regards
Ian

View attachment 54528

The metal frame of the seat is also different iirc. Its not a case of just buying the plastics.

Thanks

When it stops hissing down I’ll see if I can get a code off the side trims to see if your part number methodology works.

@Skyliner33 My single seat is from a T6. Do you mean van seat and passenger vehicle seat frames are different or T5 Vs T6 ?

Thanks. I have just fitted my t5 seats in the T6 and need to change the plastics. Dont suppose theres the posibilty to change the side airbag plastic cover?

T5 drivers’ seat:
Right 7H7881318 E
Front 7H7881319 B
Rear 7H7881320 A

Left 7H7881317 E
Front 7H7881319 B
Rear 7H7881320 A

Slightly off topic but where did you get all the part numbers from please ? I’ve purchased some caravelle seats and rails but need a few parts like handles to pull into a bed that have come off. Plus I’m also after the part numbers for the aluminium rails that sit in the rail system. Thanks

Thanks. I have just fitted my t5 seats in the T6 and need to change the plastics. Dont suppose theres the posibilty to change the side airbag plastic cover?
Have you considered painting your existing trims? I did my handbrake trim a while back after it got scratched and it came up fine

Slightly off topic but where did you get all the part numbers from please ? I’ve purchased some caravelle seats and rails but need a few parts like handles to pull into a bed that have come off. Plus I’m also after the part numbers for the aluminium rails that sit in the rail system. Thanks
Mine came off the plastic parts themselves. I just changed up the grey ones for black ones (82V). Sorry I can’t help.

Have you considered painting your existing trims? I did my handbrake trim a while back after it got scratched and it came up fine
Same - I painted the lumbar and backrest knobs with VinylDye and they’ve stayed good so far.

Ladies and Gents, looking to convert the front to two captains seats. I've seen loads on how to do it but cannot find the answer to this question;

What is the difference between the T5 and T6 seats?

I know they fit straight in and not too worried about the finish as plan on having them re upholstered.

Thanks, Chris

Hi, just jumped on this thread....I have a T6 with a double front passenger which I’m looking to change to a single. I also want both front seats to swivel. So....
.....the prices of T6 single are too rich for me. Can I get a T5 passenger seat and base and locate it in my T6. Will it be a simple bolt in ? I then understand that T5 and T6 swivel plates are the same ?

If I remember rightly the only T6 changes were a slightly different shaped head rest and different fabric, all the metalwork is the same.

Its also worth considering the airbags if swapping bench and single seats around.

Hi, everyone. I've recently bought a commercial T6 to convert to a camper. I'm looking to change the front double passenger seat for a single one. Will a seat from a T5 or a Caravelle fit? Are there any other hitches I should look out for? Thanks in anticipation.

Hi, everyone. I've recently bought a commercial T6 to convert to a camper. I'm looking to change the front double passenger seat for a single one. Will a seat from a T5 or a Caravelle fit? Are there any other hitches I should look out for? Thanks in anticipation.
Yes, they will fit but both are slightly different.

Back