T5 and T6 seat differences?

Does the T5 seats have airbags? If not you'll end up with airbag light on the dash illuminated when you unplug the airbag connectors under the seat, unless you overide the circuit before turning on ignition.

Hi all. Think I made a blunder when I bought the t5 single seat and sent both seats of for retrim. The guy said the seats are the same . Even the headrest so I bought it but he then pointed out the obvious. The seat plastics are different colours . T6 are dark grey or I think anthracite and t5 are light gray . Is it a dealer only or any other outlet ? Does any off you fine gentleman and ladies have part numbers for passenger plastics , any help would be grateful

Speak to Peter Degg at Vision Leisure Upholstery

For part numbers have a look at IFI :: Free services goto CarProg2 - TR (for transporter) and navigate from there.

Your dealer at Cleckheaton has a good parts man who may well help you, he did for me when I needed some rear windows in a hurry.

There are differences in headrests depending on year/model.

Rod

If you are stuck, I have a brand new set of T6 Passenger seat plastics for sale.

Speak to Peter Degg at Vision Leisure Upholstery

For part numbers have a look at IFI :: Free services goto CarProg2 - TR (for transporter) and navigate from there.

Your dealer at Cleckheaton has a good parts man who may well help you, he did for me when I needed some rear windows in a hurry.

There are differences in headrests depending on year/model.

Rod
I used them . He’s very knowledgable. Can’t fault cleckheaton . I’ve been in there every week since 4th jan with adblue issues . Great guys . Thanks

Last edited:
Can message me how much you're wanting for the plastics please?

I have no idea how much they are from VW???

I have both side pieces which were a replacement for the scratched plastics on my seat (which I never used)

Does £25 sound OK?

I have no idea how much they are from VW???

I have both side pieces which were a replacement for the scratched plastics on my seat (which I never used)

Does £25 sound OK?
hi ,yeah that's great, but would you post them? also just to confirm they are the dark ones not light ones.

I’ve got brandrup 2nd skin covers. Front ones ok but have to remove headrests to fit rear ones. Well they fold back but won’t come off. Any advice please?

Only in the fact that left was opposite in layout you could drill a hole for the recline nob and cut out a bit for the seat belt but for the sake of a few quid they would look really tatty .

Only in the fact that left was opposite in layout you could drill a hole for the recline nob and cut out a bit for the seat belt but for the sake of a few quid they would look really tatty .
Ah, so you mean the opposing sides?
I’ve got two T5 captains seats and want to put black plastics on them, which I am led to believe were only sold with the arrival of the T6. I read your messages here and thought you’d tried T6 plastics on T5 seats and they didn’t fit.
But you mean that you can’t swap passenger plastics for driver plastics / vice-versa?

Yes, i bought my passenger seat from poland due to a shortage and mad prices in uk. It was a europe drivers side from a t5 , I fitted it to my t6 and it was identical but couldn't find any second hand plastic in the dark colours , lots of light grey though. Eventually leigh contacted me and im now sorted. I did spray the knob on the side with volvo grey and it looks identical. Happy days

Yes, i bought my passenger seat from poland due to a shortage and mad prices in uk. It was a europe drivers side from a t5 , I fitted it to my t6 and it was identical but couldn't find any second hand plastic in the dark colours , lots of light grey though. Eventually leigh contacted me and im now sorted. I did spray the knob on the side with volvo grey and it looks identical. Happy days
Ah ok I see now.

I’m about to buy some T6 black plastics from TPS, so fingers crossed the T6 Cali plastics will fit my seats.

Have you got any photos of your workaround? There are times that I think the swivel seat should have a recliner knob on both sides, as once it’s swivelled it’s a pain to reach.

Im not in van at the moment but ill take some pics when im back , when you buy from tps did they have a online parts book and do you have to have an account? Im going to attempt a tailgate conversion and need a handle and hinges

Back