T5.1 to t6.1 headlight diode

cmx32

Hi,

First post here, did subscribe to the vip section in the hope of finding this information out without posting but could not find what I was looking for.

I am doing a t5.1 to t6.1 facelift, I have sourced the parts myself, so did not but the ‘complete’ travelinlite kit.

Have just been looking at the kit they sell and they include a diode for the headlights, it says to make sure the sidelights stay on and dim correctly.

Would anyone have any idea if this is Infact needed?

It says to connect between pin 4 and 10, I can’t find info what says which pins 4 and 10 are.

If needed would anyone no what diode I would need?

I’ve attached some pictures of my current headlight wiring for info.

B82D7F31-601D-4186-9D95-66E565A4BD93.jpeg

8C30AC5C-0F5E-4CB6-A2EE-EA8860E82749.jpeg

0952699D-82DB-4EB3-A320-748FB1D51BDB.jpeg

Hi, Did you get anywhere with this? I'm about to start my 5.1 to 6.1 conversion (using THQ LED headlights) and wondering if I need to install this diode too?

No worries, any further info needed just let me know. It was a pain doing my facelift as there is not much info out there. Straightforward job though once you know what you need!

Cheers - I've got most things (I think!) to complete.
I've already got a brand new bonnet and wings and a bumper from delivery mileage van. Bought new gloss black upper and lower grills and wing badges, THQ LED headlights and then lots of daft and overly expensive bits of plastic from LLL Car Parts & OEMVWShop.
Things like wing & headlight brackets, bumper reinforcement panels, a new washer bottle, windscreen washer jets and a lump of polystyrene for behind the bumper. I'm hoping I can use pretty much everything else from the 5.1, I'm going to cut back the wheel arch liners rather than buy new just to save a few quid.
I've also heard that I don't need to change the slam panel, there's just a small lip on the 5.1 that can be bent/manipulated to make fit (though this might be T5 only as the guy I got my panels from had facelifted his T5 and needed to do this but wasn't sure if it applied to the 5.1 too)
Got some time booked next week in the spraybooth to get all the panels painted up, then I can make a start.

Really appreciate any advice / info you can share!

Sounds like you have got all bases covered there!
Did you get the washer bottle complete with filling neck? As the diameter of the t5.1 neck is smaller, (t6.1 washer bottle filler neck hole is bigger) but I just made a bung up.

Have you got fog lights? As plugs will be different, hb4 on t5.1, h11 on t6.1.

Parking sensor holders on t6.1 didn’t grip the t5.1 parking sensors too well, but I just modified the sensor with a small bit of rubber to pack them out.

No work needs done on the slam panel.

Bonnet is a pain to line up!

Wheel arch liners are fine trimmed.

I just used the t5.1 washer jets with no issues, but as you got t6.1 ones may aswel use them now!

Indicators in the wings I got the sequential led ones from thq.

Good luck!

I think I just got the washer bottle (better go check the box!) - I'll maybe try fabricate something.
I haven't got foglights yet - I was going to order some though. I've got them on my 5.1 so will perhaps look to get some H11 plugs too so that I can just replace the wiring to the connectors.
I've got the sequential LED indicators from THQ as well - are these a straight swap (socket-wise) with the 5.1?

Cheers - I've got most things (I think!) to complete.
I've already got a brand new bonnet and wings and a bumper from delivery mileage van. Bought new gloss black upper and lower grills and wing badges, THQ LED headlights and then lots of daft and overly expensive bits of plastic from LLL Car Parts & OEMVWShop.
Things like wing & headlight brackets, bumper reinforcement panels, a new washer bottle, windscreen washer jets and a lump of polystyrene for behind the bumper. I'm hoping I can use pretty much everything else from the 5.1, I'm going to cut back the wheel arch liners rather than buy new just to save a few quid.
I've also heard that I don't need to change the slam panel, there's just a small lip on the 5.1 that can be bent/manipulated to make fit (though this might be T5 only as the guy I got my panels from had facelifted his T5 and needed to do this but wasn't sure if it applied to the 5.1 too)
Got some time booked next week in the spraybooth to get all the panels painted up, then I can make a start.

Really appreciate any advice / info you can share!
The reason for the mod on a T5, the slam panel on that is it is all metal, but the slam panels in T5.1 onwards are plastic. I am doing a facelift from T5 to T6.1 and can't get any info if the THQ Led headlights can be used with a T5 to T6.1 facelift, not even THQ can tell me if they would work.

Evening all I've just gone 5.1 to 6.1 using genuine halogens front and rear having a mere with the light, put diodes in the front fine but after putting gen 6.1 rear lights in they are playing up again no side lights any help would be greatly appreciated

Back