T32 4Motion rubbing

You didn’t have the Komforts, yours were the older B14 which came out a few years prior. And if they were bottoming out then they weren’t fitted correctly or you had a faulty shock/s.

More B14’s have been sold and fitted than all the other brands put together, there are always going to be the odd rogue or poorly fitted set.

But things move on and there are better coilovers available these days, that doesn’t suddenly mean the Billy’s are crap.

Correctly fitted and aligned B14’s with H&R arb’s give superb handling (for a bus) and ride comfort that isn’t compromised too badly IMO.

And I firmly believe there’s a lot of placebo effect and emperor’s new clothes on some of these suspension posts.

You didn’t have the Komforts, yours were the older B14 which came out a few years prior. And if they were bottoming out then they weren’t fitted correctly or you had a faulty shock/s.

More B14’s have been sold and fitted than all the other brands put together, there are always going to be the odd rogue or poorly fitted set.

But things move on and there are better coilovers available these days, that doesn’t suddenly mean the Billy’s are crap.

Correctly fitted and aligned B14’s with H&R arb’s give superb handling (for a bus) and ride comfort that isn’t compromised too badly IMO.

And I firmly believe there’s a lot of placebo effect and emperor’s new clothes on some of these suspension posts.
I’m sorry I disagree, like I said we are all different.

I’m sorry I have to disagree. We are talking about the B14’s nothing else as that is what was fitted. The kit on the van was 1 year old. Did less than 3k and was fitted correctly. The ride for me was awfull
Hence me looking elsewhere. The van is too heavy for the springs. Even on full height. It’s just too heavy, then bounce on the van is horrid.
The van is now fitted with H&R adjustable coil over shockers and even when set on full soft, it’s comfier and former on the corners that the B14’s. The added ARB Bars have helped with that too.
I’m only giving my opinion and thanking the Guy who did it for me. I’d have this setup on every van I’ll own.
Everbody likes different thinks fella and for me the B14’s are garbage, and why they are sitting in a box for sale on my garage floor.

But you’ve stated that your B14’s bottomed out, clearly something wasn’t right with them or that wouldn’t happen.

My B14’s don’t bottom out, ever, even with a 2 tonne caravan seesawing on the back.

I have two friends with T32’s and the same B14/arb set up as me, they both run lower than mine but neither have issues with bottoming out.

The garage that fitted my Billy’s have fitted in excess of 150+ sets of B14’s because he fits them for a popular T5/6 conversion company, not to mention companies like THQ, Bognor and Leighton who also sold and fitted many 100’s of sets between them.

As long as your happy then that’s what matters, but one bad experience doesn’t make 100’s of other people wrong.

Hi Chris
For me it’s not about what it looks like. It has to be a fully functioning vehicle. Wether that is on road, off road, carrying family, taking the dogs to the coats, or riding over simple bumps. The ride quality on the B14’s for me is horrendous. Everybody is different, I simply do not like them.
I agree, there's much better ride quality out there than the B14s offer, but your post that I replied to didn't mention ride quality, it was querying the wheel and tyre size combination because you had some rubbing. My post was to explain that there was nothing wrong with the wheel and tyre combination, but that the van was sitting too low for them to be compatible. It was sitting too low because the B14s can't compensate for different weight vehicles. It's one of the limitations of the sleeve over design found on the B14 and some other kits. I was trying to offer solutions to make your existing setup work, not knowing that you were also thinking of changing the suspension because you didn't like the ride.

I see from your other threads ref CRS that you've now got a much better kit fitted and I'm not surprised that you're enjoying the difference in the ride! Happy days.

But you’ve stated that your B14’s bottomed out, clearly something wasn’t right with them or that wouldn’t happen.

My B14’s don’t bottom out, ever, even with a 2 tonne caravan seesawing on the back.

I have two friends with T32’s and the same B14/arb set up as me, they both run lower than mine but neither have issues with bottoming out.

The garage that fitted my Billy’s have fitted in excess of 150+ sets of B14’s because he fits them for a popular T5/6 conversion company, not to mention companies like THQ, Bognor and Leighton who also sold and fitted many 100’s of sets between them.

As long as your happy then that’s what matters, but one bad experience doesn’t make 100’s of other people wrong.
I think you need to read my previous posts mate. Im not on here to argue with you and you clearly are a fan of the B14's.

I think you need to read my previous posts mate. Im not on here to argue with you and you clearly are a fan of the B14's.
He will argue black is white about the B14s, won’t have a bad word said about them. I’ve no idea why he gets so upset about it and defensive.

I have read your previous posts, you said they bottomed out and that B14’s aren’t suitable for a T32, which is incorrect.

I’m not a ‘fan’, just someone who has some real life, long term experience of using them.

The ride quality is subjective and open to interpretation which is fine.

For what it’s worth I am considering changing mine shortly for an alternative brand, but that doesn’t make my current set up crap or unsuitable.

I have read your previous posts, you said they bottomed out and that B14’s aren’t suitable for a T32, which is incorrect.

I’m not a ‘fan’, just someone who has some real life, long term experience of using them.

The ride quality is subjective and open to interpretation which is fine.

For what it’s worth I am considering changing mine shortly for an alternative brand, but that doesn’t make my current set up crap or unsuitable.
The B14 is crap. That’s why I’ve junked it.
If you like it then fine.

Please stop commenting on my van which you know absolutely zero about.

The B14 is crap. That’s why I’ve junked it.
If you like it then fine.

Please stop commenting on my van which you know absolutely zero about.
A very constructive reply, but please don’t take child like offence based on one badly fitted set of coilovers. 1000’s of happy B14 owners must be wrong huh?

Look Pal.
If you believe the B14 coil over is suitable for the 4 motion T32 with DSG running large 20's then that's your problem.
I know better and have removed them.
Believe me or don't believe me that's your choice.
I'm glad I junked the crap and put on something suitable for the ride I need and quality the van deserves and most important to be able to use the van when ever and anywhere I choose.

I'm not here to argue.
You don't know my van and it doesn't know you so please
A very constructive reply, but please don’t take child like offence based on one badly fitted set of coilovers. 1000’s of happy B14 owners must be wrong huh?
Fella
Grow up a little yeah and read my post.

Man, this is like Prime Ministers Question Time........ORDER!!!!

Look Pal.
If you believe the B14 coil over is suitable for the 4 motion T32 with DSG running large 20's then that's your problem.
I know better and have removed them.
Believe me or don't believe me that's your choice.
I'm glad I junked the crap and put on something suitable for the ride I need and quality the van deserves and most important to be able to use the van when ever and anywhere I choose.

I'm not here to argue.
You don't know my van and it doesn't know you so please

Fella
Grow up a little yeah and read my post.

A post full of irony and Dunning Kruger, good luck :thumbsup:

A post full of irony and Dunning Kruger, good luck :thumbsup:
The problem is fella you don’t know what your talking about on anything other than your own vehicle.
Look at this image.
Vehicle setup to same height on two
Different setups.

Tell me which photo is the B14’s which rub the arch’s on curbs and bellows in the road, feels like
Shockers are bottoming out, and drive and rattles teeth even over cats eyes.

Tell me which photo is the H&R which are set on full comfort, can’t get them them to rub no matter where I drive. Better performance, flatter core wring and Overall a quieter, smoother more comfortable safer drive.

3637ED76-7C0B-4461-A700-2EC893E10963.jpeg

I’ll let you have the last word ‘pal’, it clearly means a lot to you and a reasonable discussion is beyond your abilities.

I’ll sign off by saying you’re a salesman’s dream, no technical knowledge at all and more money than sense.

I’ll let you have the last word ‘pal’, it clearly means a lot to you and a reasonable discussion is beyond your abilities.

I’ll sign off by saying you’re a salesman’s dream, no technical knowledge at all and more money than sense.
My point exactly. You cannot.

There is no physical difference at all in height.
B14’s springs simply cannot handle the weight correctly on the T32 heavy side vehicle, and show this as a bounce in the ride.

That was an informative thread to read which then got very exciting!

Stumbled across it while sat outside a BlackCircles pitstop who are refusing to fit my new (appropriately load rated) 260/40/20 because they are different to the currently fitted 275/35/20 as they don't want the hassle associated with them if they rub etc.

What a PITA!

Back