T28 badged as T30

mri_ice

VIP Member
Bought a 67 plate T6 about a year ago. Camper conversion. Only noticed the other day that all the paperwork (V5C, insurance) says it’s a T28 when the badge says T30 on the back. The badge doesn’t look like it’s been altered in any way or replaced. So I wonder what gives. Is this a van that has been mis-badger by factory (is that a thing? Has that ever happened to anybody?) Or is the badge correct and the paperwork wrong? How would I find out either way??

You need to check the weight label in the engine bay - usually by the drivers side strut top.
The first number is 2800 so I guess that means T28, paperwork correct, badge wrong. Thanks for the super quick answer. Do you think it’s possible this was mid-badged from the factory?

I think the badges come in a pack for the dealer or purchaser or importer to put on....probably got mixed up somewhere down the line

Dealer mix up most likely. Dealer registered mine with DVLA as having 3 seats, despite it being a factory order with twin swivels.

I’m sure there was a post a while ago giving the company details of where you could get them reclassified with appropriate suspension mods (If weight is an issue). I would think you could get it to T30 spec without too much effort (springs and thicker ARBs).

I nearly purchased a new T26 SWB van - by the time it had glass and seats added, 4 adults and luggage or camping gear it would have been overweight. I cancelled the order and got a nearly new T30.

I’m sure there was a post a while ago giving the company details of where you could get them reclassified with appropriate suspension mods (If weight is an issue). I would think you could get it to T30 spec without too much effort (springs and thicker ARBs).

I nearly purchased a new T26 SWB van - by the time it had glass and seats added, 4 adults and luggage or camping gear it would have been overweight. I cancelled the order and got a nearly new T30.
Van Weight Engineering, think they are mostly on Facebook

SVTech

Both recommended by the motorhome forums.

Back