Engine/exhaust blowing noise

Newcs

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi,

I’m looking to see if anyone can shed any light on an issue I’m having.

Since having an EGR flush a few months ago I’m having no end of problems.

I have had glow plug 3 replaced and an egr cooler pipe replaced however I have been left with a strange noise under acceleration, mainly at high speeds.

The only way I can describe it is it sounds like a blowing and spitting noise coming from under the seat kind of area. On first hearing it I would have thought it was something to do with the exhaust.

I have had 2 VW tech guys listen who both heard it but now they are telling me they have test drove another and it’s making exactly the same noise which I am not having! They say they cannot find anything however I am still left with this really annoying blowing and spitting noise.

When I had a local indi check it (test drive and brief look on the ramp as a favour) he was concerned that the flexi pipe didn't seem right and was making quite a bit of noise when moved. It also seemed to move quite a bit of movement but I’m not sure how much it should have had.

So I’m now stuck in limbo. Engine is a 102bhp in a 67 plate T28 with 70k miles.

Any help or advice would be appreciated before I return to the garage in the morning.

Thanks

There are EGR two pipes that have a habit of splitting - one at the front and one at the back of the engine. There is also the flexi exhaust downpipe. It sounds like one of these are split from your description.

Hi, yeah it’s had both EGR pipes replaced and I’m convinced that it’s the flexi but they are adamant they’ve checked it and it’s good.

Strange though as the flywheel needs replacing (being done next week) and as this gets worse then the noise is also worse. We’ll see next week what’s its like once the new clutch and flywheel are in.

Back