Swellshades - Can You Cut To Fit??

Stewby

Nurse
T6 Guru
Hello.

My converter is having problems getting in touch with swellshades so I thought I would ask on here. Our swellshades tailgate shade doesn't have a curved bit missing for the window wiper housing.
It is made of "sign-making" metal (afraid I don't know what the proper term is). Is it cuttable to make a hole or will it cause too much damage??

Sorry about the vagueness but I am not sure of the technical stuff. Thank you.
:)

Hi, it fits over the top of the wiper bit - it isn’t supposed to have a cut-out. I can take a picture of mine in the light tomorrow if that helps.

Hi, it fits over the top of the wiper bit - it isn’t supposed to have a cut-out. I can take a picture of mine in the light tomorrow if that helps.

That would be fantastic, thank you.

There are no real instructions come with the shades and my converter hasn't used them before. He also says the guy hasn't been very easy to get in touch with so he has gotten a bit stuck. The converter has figured out bits and pieces by talking with my dad. Did you put up your own shades?? How did you get into the screw places, they are apparently quite inaccessible??

Another question (sorry), did you carpet yours?? My converter says that carpeting is not a good idea as the tailgate and the sliding door shade outline bits interrupt the seals which could cause wicking and water ingress.

I fitted them myself and found them ok to fit - there were enough instructions for each type of window (sliding/opening, fixed and rear). I'm not sure what you mean by the screw places - if you mean them ones where you take the trim off the top of the sliding windows, I think I might have used a screwdriver bit with a spanner as yes there's no space to get a full screwdriver in.

I don't have carpet as you can see. The bottom of the rear blind fits at the top of the panel in the door - in one place I think I even used the trim hole.

Back