Swap Double Seat For Single Seat

View attachment 18675
Hi Jim just done this. Got seat from Bognor Motors. It is straight foward enough. Just leaves holes in the floor exposed,which I am planning to fit some type of grommet when I find some.
Hi what did you do with the works just leave them under the seat?
Just doing mine now and the double had a plastic bracket to mount to connectors in. My new single doesn't

1657642972141361938471478002017.jpg

Hi, would it be ok changing from a 6.1 double swivel seat with a disengaged side air bag to a 6 captains chair without airbag on drivers and passenger?

They both have airbags. Certainly my T6 double has the airbags connected. If you unplug the airbag and then switch the ignition on, you will get a warning light and sound until you have it reset at a garage.
Whether your new seat has a connector that is the same as the double, I don't know. My current seat has a yellow three pin connector.
(I fitted a Kiravans swivel and added a length of cable to allow me to disconnect to swivel the seat).

Rereading your question I guess it would be only T5 or some versions of T5.1 which may not have an airbag fitted to the seat. But you mentioned T6, which I think all have airbags.

If you fit a seat that doesn't have airbags into a vehicle a vehicle that did have airbags, first you need to disconnect the battery to avoid flagging the airbag light then you need to fit a bypass resistor. This is a workaround that we really wouldn't suggest doing though as it disables the airbags.

The seat change can be done. Is your question about lack of airbags?
Hi, I have an airbag error coming up already which is frustrating but understand this doesn’t effect an mot or is an essential safety feature as it was disengaged for the swivel double.

Ok update. Bought a d fitted a single captain seat for the passenger side. It has no airbag (no stitched label or yellow connector).

Can anyone tell me the size of the resistor in ohms please?
Edit!
Found out the resistor should be 3.3 ohms and connected between the white and green wires.

Edit, Nov 22. My garage suggested it should be 2.4ohm but the 3ohm was good when he cleared the fault.

Thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: CAB
Back