Swap Double Seat For Single Seat

Jim Laycock

We are taking delivery soon of a 2017 T6 transporter which has the passenger double bench seat, I'd like to swap it out for a single seat, any advice gratefully received on where best to try?

Budget set to High........

I paid £450 for one last year, they now seem to be fetching nearer £900!

If you're lucky you'll get £75 for your Bench.

Happy Hunting!

The single base sits on four of the six holes, so you’ll be left with two holes in your mat. These will be adjacent to the handbrake, so will be visible unless you’re fitting a centre console type of unit.
Aftermarket plugs are available in places.

The electrical connection(s) for the seatbelt sensor and heated seats should be identical.
Comfort-dash wise, there will be more room, should you wish to upgrade.

You’ll have one less seat, so update the DVLA and your insurer about this.

@BognorMotors has mentioned seats for sale on here before, IIRC.

20180224_120739.jpg
We are taking delivery soon of a 2017 T6 transporter which has the passenger double bench seat, I'd like to swap it out for a single seat, any advice gratefully received on where best to try?
Hi Jim just done this. Got seat from Bognor Motors. It is straight foward enough. Just leaves holes in the floor exposed,which I am planning to fit some type of grommet when I find some.

Yes, we have plenty coming. A small waiting list of people at present - Send em a message of you want to be added.

Best to put a one piece floor mat in place once you’ve blocked the holes - We just use a bolt.

I’m considering switching from a captains single to double in the front, is there any issues wth that re dvla? Insurance?
Also, I have comfort dash(hence couldn’t spec the double seat, can it just be fitted slightly further back to give muddle passenger a bit of space?

I’m considering switching from a captains single to double in the front, is there any issues wth that re dvla? Insurance?
Also, I have comfort dash(hence couldn’t spec the double seat, can it just be fitted slightly further back to give muddle passenger a bit of space?
I believe you will need to tell both the dvla and your insurance. This is because your insurance asks how many seats, so you will be going from 2-3 if PV or 5-6 if Kombi etc. The other thing you must take account of for the safety of your passengers is that there are two different passenger airbags, one for a single seat, one for a double. The one for the double seat has a different shape so that it covers more towards the centre of the dash area when inflated in order to assist in the restraint of the person occupying the right side of the double seat.

Yip, hadn’t thought of that. Do people actually do the air bag change when swapping seats over? I haven’t seen it mentioned before. More research required.

Changing our double passenger to single, probably sourcing from Bognor. If we have single without armrests how does it differ, ie tilt, lumbar, sliding movement etc (obviously armrests). Any tips on fitting ours has wiring connectors under seat how does this fit under single and do I need anything else to fit.
Thanks in advance.

been looking for a single seat since July, cant find a match but saw a black leather one that might work, seller said it was new but the airbag plug was different from my 2017 shuttle, my question is, what year range would match my airbag plug?

Edit:
Just to be clear, I have a double passenger seat with airbag and want to put a single seat with airbag, I need to know that the airbag plug on single seat is going to be compatible with my van.

Last edited:
Back