Swamper setup with coil overs and 245/65/17?

Thanks, yes I realised it was different. I just wondered if you can tell when driving compared to the OEM size. Power of the engine might make this less noticeable.
I think the biggest difference will be the DSG TVS upgrade we had done @BognorMotors that means its always in the right gear so less labouring that could get exaggerated with a larger tyre.

The BFG 245/65 X 17, as sold out of the smaller generals. I am sat on the top of my coil overs so I would say a 40mm drop. Slight occasional rub when at speed and wallowing on the road.

I think my next set for the new year will be;
OZ Racing Rally Raid Bronze 17" with Pirelli Scorpion ATR 235/65/17 108H
View attachment 93750View attachment 93751
I love these OZ Racing Rally Raid wheels in this size, and colour.
Haven't the Pirelli Scorpion ATR(+) been replaced by the AT+ ?

I've just taken delivery of these little beauties,
IMG_7471.jpg
Amarok Posadas 17" finished in "Tesla Sonic Carbon" colour

just waiting for these to arrive... 225/65/17, Pirelli Scorpion AT+ "BABY SWAMPERS " in the next couple of days

1608144371722.png

Last edited:
I love these OZ Racing Rally Raid wheels in this size, and colour.
Haven't the Pirelli Scorpion ATR(+) been replaced by the AT+ ?

I've just taken delivery of these little beauties,
View attachment 95260
Amarok Posadas 17" finished in "Tesla Sonic Carbon" colour

just waiting for these to arrive... 225/65/17, Pirelli Scorpion AT+ "BABY SWAMPERS " in the next couple of days

View attachment 95261
Nice, yes will by AT+ now.

That’s the B14s on their highest? :oops: I was thinking of doing that to mine but I thought it would give a fair bit more clearance.
Yes highest setting but I carry approximately 500kg in the back and it’s been converted to a kombi with the 2+1 rear seats that add a little weight. No issues with tire rub

dirty vs clean

kw coilover , front lowest setting , rear sits a bit higher , light nose down, when loaded to go camping she sits level.

banded amarok's 8,5J all around

general grabber at3 235/55 18

sliding door, catches the rear tyre, slight.

front rubbs the arches when going over some speedbumps, might raise the front 5mm or so

IMG_20201219_151818.jpgLM_20201219_2-bewerkt-bewerkt_lo_web.jpg

I think you will be better off with a 235. 245 is 10mm taller than where you are presently, which is already oversize. What setup are you looking at. Maybe we can quote. We can supply complete packages.
Would you be able to quote me for supply and fit for these.
I have b14 already and looking to do somethibg very similar.

Thanks.

Fitted some Zephyr with 235/65/17 General Grabber AT3 yesterday on standard suspension. Drives really well but not sure I like the swamper look, so thinking of putting them up for sale.

IMG_5619.JPG

My tyres are Falken Wildpeak. BFG didn't make this size when I was looking. 235 65 17 need at least 10mm spacer to avoid rub in front arches. 20mm still tidy inside the arches without much mud spray with clearance inside rear arch about 8mm, too tight to use snow chains. G

20mm spacers will be problematic if you are lowering on 235 65. My son in Oz who is a great rock crawler (with a bobtail hilux Ute on 33" tyres and fox suspension +3inches) is forthright on the matter "real men raise their trucks!" Ouch...

Back