Swamper setup with coil overs and 245/65/17?

JordanGT

VIP Member
I am currently running 20inch alloys with 275/40 tyres.
65A94F81-2E84-4A5E-B7A8-70509EB1F9CA.jpegt
The suspension is coil overs set to the highest level to give clearance.
I like the swamper look and wandered if I will have any issues with current suspension set up fitting a set of swamper alloys and off load tyres.

C16AE24E-72B7-4204-9127-B36C7B7B3C73.jpeg

I think you will be better off with a 235. 245 is 10mm taller than where you are presently, which is already oversize. What setup are you looking at. Maybe we can quote. We can supply complete packages.

Hi Bognor Motors, I’m interested in doing the same, currently on 17 Devonports with b14’s, was going to head down the 20inch route but now thinking holeshots with grippy tyres like in the picture as I could do with the extra grip for the places I go in winter.

Does running tyres like that increase road noise in the van and decrease full efficiency? Also I’m guessing there would make pot holes a little nicer?

thanks in advance

I run the same setup as the above picture Bognor motors posted but with the ST x coilovers and I have to say I love it. Such a good ride and the tyres soak up the potholes and rough roads well. Think i'm about 40mm down on the front and 45 in the rear

I run the same setup as the above picture Bognor motors posted but with the ST x coilovers and I have to say I love it. Such a good ride and the tyres soak up the potholes and rough roads well. Think i'm about 40mm down on the front and 45 in the rear

Thanks David, getting tempted, do you notice any extra road noise?

Thanks David, getting tempted, do you notice any extra road noise?
Nah cant say I've noticed any extra road noise. Probably only thing is a bit of a drop in mpg and struggles a bit more on inclines. I came straight from standard wheels though so cant compare to 20s

Funny I've been thinking about this as well. The wheels look ace and with upcoming remap the larger tyre should make much of a difference. I quite like the Fuel Vector wheels or some of the 18in versions.

Im about 50mm down from standard though.

Those are nice. How much difference does that tyre size make to the drivability (what engine do you have)?
It only adds 7% so within my 10% rule as far as I'm concerned (204BiTDi 4motion) existing 235/55/17 new 235/65/17 there are few 235/60/17 avalable.
1606990057956.png

It only adds 7% so within my 10% rule as far as I'm concerned (204BiTDi 4motion) existing 235/55/17 new 235/65/17 there are few 235/60/17 avalable.
View attachment 93832
Thanks, yes I realised it was different. I just wondered if you can tell when driving compared to the OEM size. Power of the engine might make this less noticeable.

Back