Suspension Advise.... lop-sided

When you're playing with it tomorrow, it's also worth checking the rear shocks are working correctly.
By jacking each side up separately, see how it settles down when released back onto the floor. Makes sure the shocks move freely and not locked up. Measure the distance between floor and arch after both have been jack up and restored.

92F335EF-CCF3-4117-9AFA-B3242FCB4675.jpeg A70D0094-759C-49C3-B35F-45FBE96DB21E.jpeg
Worth checking some of the obvious things:

Do a count of the number of coils on both rear springs to make sure they are the same.
Check your tyre and wheel sizes - are they identical ?

Pete

@Pete C, tyres and wheel size are both same.

I have just got underneath and the gap between what looks like the top two coils are very different, see above, what do you think folks ?
I have tried to take very similar pics to compare....

Because of the springs spiral turns its almost impossible to tell from the pics as we cant see the start of the spring in either pic and therefore cant judge the perspective etc. however to me they dont look too much different (although again that may be the pics)

It’s difficult for us to judge from the photos. It might be worth fully jacking up the vehicle on each side to try and see more of the top end of the springs.

Pete

Perhaps run your finger along the full length of the spring where you can’t actually see it to feel for snapped edges too, while the van is jacked up.

Pete

yes, well sort of...

im having some B14's fitted - i wanted them anyway so thought id kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

they also said if the coversion is causing some of the problem with the weight all on 1 side then they can adjust the suspension accordingly to level it all up once fitted.

There is clearly something wrong with the springs . I would remove both rears and see if their free height is the same ( totel length of the spring out of the car with no weight on them ) the ride quality is a shock issue and can easily be sorted with a Sport adjustable damping shock . Standard shocks are rubbish and do not perform well in any scenario

Back