Suspension Advise.... lop-sided

Onetimeonly

Timber merchant
T6 Pro
756F9C96-626A-4909-90D5-6B394E214A02.jpeg

Hi everyone, I have a fully converted Campervan, as you can see from the pic above, all the weight of the Campervan accessories which are all on one side makes my van lean quite a lot.

The van also handles like a pig on stilts, and is very harsh, even the smallest of potholes feels like you’ve gone down a 2ft pot hole .

There is also plenty of scope for lowering a bit.

So my questions are....
Can you get suspension that lowers the van but doesn’t make the ride harsher than it already is.
Will the suspension level the van up ?

Hoping that air suspension isn’t the only option as it’s out of budget.

Thanks in advance.

What van is it?

T28.t30.t32 etc?

You might need to put a set of T32 springs on that to deal with the weight in the back..... that dont look stable at all, the handling must be awful.

What van is it?

T28.t30.t32 etc?

You might need to put a set of T32 springs on that to deal with the weight in the back..... that dont look stable at all, the handling must be awful.

Hi @Dellmassive, it’s a T30.

Yes the handling is terrible that’s why I want to sort it, it’s like steering a massive ship, it wallows around all over the place.

It actually looks like the van has broken a spring , have you had a look to see ? I have never saw a camper lean like that before and most conversions equipment is all at the one side

There is something wrong with your van’s suspension. Our T30 camper internal configuration is the same, and it is level.
I suspect a broken spring on the driver’s side.

Pete

There is something wrong with your van’s suspension. Our T30 camper internal configuration is the same, and it is level.

Pete

I’ll be disappointed in VW if the spring is broke, it only went in last week for its first service and they didn’t mention anything.
I’d better get underneath and have a look.

Did they do a health check aswell or was it just a service , has it just been like that after the conversion ?

0DC51193-F982-41B7-BC97-8D44531A86D6.jpeg 1BC5A89E-404C-4426-BB85-7F4D758F9B15.jpeg

Pete

Just got under the van, see pics above, the spring doesn’t look broken.

Does it look the same as the near side?

This is a pic of a spring to compare:

J%VrWWWOS5KTZWZHQ7KlJA.jpg

Worth checking some of the obvious things:

Do a count of the number of coils on both rear springs to make sure they are the same.
Check your tyre and wheel sizes - are they identical ?

Pete

Does yours have the 2 decreasing radii coils at the top? Its hard to tell from the pics. (Ps Whats the Male symbol at the end mean?)

And show us some pics of both sides showing the wheel arch and wheel/tyre.

Pete

And A pic of the off side spring with the van jacked up and wheel off the ground.

How much weight is in the van at the moment?.
There is definitely something not right about the current stance of the vehicle. Like the others have said, need a side on pic from both sides might help

Thanks all, I’ll get some pics and check all the above.

Revert back tomorrow...... it’s just started to pee it down o_O

Any pics of how the van sits from the front? Worth checking the front as it’ll drag the whole side down too

Back